If this is a rebuild?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
that would be a pleasant surprise for sure and helpful to address a need. whats the FA class when rose becomes one looking like?

Not sure. KD maybe? Or is he a FA next year?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I highly disagree with you. reggie evans is nowhere near the passer that noah is. there is a reason why guys like him are in the league

whatever man but Noah would have to improve those scoring numbers before i'd give him another deal. even then i don't think i'd resign him. we need to start focusing on getting younger and having fresher legs to run hoiball

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
whatever man but Noah would have to improve those scoring numbers before i'd give him another deal. even then i don't think i'd resign him. we need to start focusing on getting younger and having fresher legs out there to run hoiball

lol so ignore his assist totals? he seems to find a way to be productive on the offensive end still despite not personally scoring the ball much. like ive said before, noah isn't on the team for his shooting....not sure why now all of a sudden his shooting is why you want him gone. makes no sense....thatd be like getting rid of dougie because he cant play defense, he isn't on the team for his defense. its simple logic

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think having an above average PG is much more critical for "hoiball"

Noah can still run we just don't have a big time play maker. Also, Noah's FG% will go up as he gets healthier but his value is defense and rebounding.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
lol so ignore his assist totals? he seems to find a way to be productive on the offensive end still despite not personally scoring the ball much. like ive said before, noah isn't on the team for his shooting....not sure why now all of a sudden his shooting is why you want him gone. makes no sense....thatd be like getting rid of dougie because he cant play defense, he isn't on the team for his defense. its simple logic

we already argued about this so its no need to rehash it

if you want to relive it then go find that thread because i don't feel like it tonight

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
we already argued this its no need to rehash it

if you want to relive it then go find that thread because i don't feel like it tonight

you brought it up again but okay let it go. just like we would of been better off keeping ben Gordon and how hoiberg was going to fix the offense, getting rid of noah is clearly another great decision :)

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lol at the argument for keeping Noah...what the hell for? He isn't that important. Whoever said Rose is untradeable is absolutely right. Ain't nobody checkin' for Derrick Rose.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol at the argument for keeping Noah...what the hell for? He isn't that important. Whoever said Rose is untradeable is absolutely right. Ain't nobody checkin' for Derrick Rose.

ahhh yes another bulls fan that undervalues defense, rebounding, and passing :turrible:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls can't eat part of Rose's contract in a trade. The NBA CBA doesn't allow for it. They'd have to take back a salaries of equal value, which means trading Rose for a piece of shit player who has a horrible contract. Might as well just let Rose play his out and be done with him in 2017. That's probably when a real rebuild can take place.

Personally I'd take the piece of shit player and move the re-build ahead immediately. He has no future with the Bulls now nor down the road. So announce a re-build and hope like hell they find someone other than Garfield Goose and friend can identify young talent both currently in the NBA as well as potential draft picks. It is really too bad that Chicago Bulls fans have to eat another shit sandwich but with this crew at the top it almost has to happen.

What's Jerry West doing these days? Bring him in to manage the future of a new Bulls team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Personally I'd take the piece of shit player and move the re-build ahead immediately. He has no future with the Bulls now nor down the road. So announce a re-build and hope like hell they find someone other than Garfield Goose and friend can identify young talent both currently in the NBA as well as potential draft picks. It is really too bad that Chicago Bulls fans have to eat another shit sandwich but with this crew at the top it almost has to happen.

What's Jerry West doing these days? Bring him in to manage the future of a new Bulls team.

problem is it doesn't move the re build ahead any, piece of shit player makes the same amount as rose so youre still stuck in the same situation. might as well hang onto rose till his contract is up and hope something clicks for him in the mean time as unlikely as it seems

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why keep Rose since he is not the future. Start the re-build now since they are going nowhere with or without him. Get an expiring contract, find some good young NBA players with an upside and affordable contracts. Move the time-table up rather than waiting another two damn years.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
you brought it up again but okay let it go. just like we would of been better off keeping ben Gordon and how hoiberg was going to fix the offense, getting rid of noah is clearly another great decision :)

yeah i gave my opinion that i wouldn't keep Noah and gave a reason why but i don't feel like getting into a real in depth debate about it once again. its not like either of us will change our minds on it anyway

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why keep Rose since he is not the future. Start the re-build now since they are going nowhere with or without him. Get an expiring contract, find some good young NBA players with an upside and affordable contracts. Move the time-table up rather than waiting another two damn years.

and who is going to give us an expiring contract in a trade for rose and his albatross of a contract? exactly

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Nobody is giving up an expiring contract for Rose. You make it sound do easy. Like "Yeah, just do this. Just do that"

So far you proposed the Bulls trade Rose and pay part of his contract which they can't do and trading him for an expiring contract which won't happen. You're not making yourself look very knowledgeable bud.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody is giving up an expiring contract for Rose. You make it sound do easy. Like "Yeah, just do this. Just do that"

So far you proposed the Bulls trade Rose and pay part of his contract which they can't do and trading him for an expiring contract which won't happen. You're not making yourself look very knowledgeable bud.

Okay. I didn't know that they couldn't eat part of the contract. But how do you know that some team isn't willing to trade for him, especially any team in the west that wants any chance at all to beat the Warriors?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Okay. I didn't know that they couldn't eat part of the contract. But how do you know that some team isn't willing to trade for him, especially any team in the west that wants any chance at all to beat the Warriors?

Because if you're looking to improve, you don't trade for Derrick Rose. He's been terrible this season and is owed 20 million dollars next year. There are easily 25 better PGs in the league right now and most are making a lot less.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because if you're looking to improve, you don't trade for Derrick Rose. He's been terrible this season and is owed 20 million dollars next year. There are easily 25 better PGs in the league right now and most are making a lot less.

Maybe, but then again, who knows who would be interested in a Derrick Rose that COULD improve and give them a chance at a title. You talk about absolutes like they were founded in stone. I am talking about possibilities which are not definite but could work out.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but then again, who knows who would be interested in a Derrick Rose that COULD improve and give them a chance at a title. You talk about absolutes like they were founded in stone. I am talking about possibilities which are not definite but could work out.

I thought you made it seem like if you were in charge Derrick would be traded and the organization should have done it already. Sounds pretty absolute to me, but no biggie. I now understand that you would PREFER for Rose to be traded. Welcome to the club, bud.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought you made it seem like if you were in charge Derrick would be traded and the organization should have done it already. Sounds pretty absolute to me, but no biggie. I now understand that you would PREFER for Rose to be traded. Welcome to the club, bud.

Hindsight is always 20-20 right? I'm just saying that this team is lost. It was taken as far as it conceivably taken by Thibs and the time has run out. Now they are left with the results of a shitty GM and Pres. team, namely about 5 or 6 NBA players and a cast of stiffs. If anyone defends Gar/Pax in all of this they are nuts. The first step of rebuilding this team is to get rid of those two bozos.