Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
White Sox did nothing tonight but prove they simply aren't able to win the division at this rate. I realize they've played well the last month and a half, I realize they've won a lot of series as of late, and I realize the hitters are finally, slowly but surely coming around.

That said.

No matter how much you beat the beasts in the east or the best in the west, if you cannot defeat teams in your own division, then you're not going to win it. Simple as that. Especially teams your better than, despite the records, teams that are beat up, or even, god forbid, a team thats better than you.

4-1 Against the Indians? Thats good. 1-1 against the Royals? Fine. 1-4 against the Tigers? And 0-3 against the Twins? Inexcusable. For years, Sox fans blamed it on the Metrodome. Sure, it seemed like a good excuse at the time. Twins loaded their teams with speedy, left handed hitters and developed good small-ball players from their farms. But when they come to an out-door stadium, aka fair advantage, and still defeat the Sox? They have absolutely to blame. Even when the Twins played in the Dome I didn't believe in "Twins magic", because they usually beat us at home too. And for those who haven't noticed, beautiful U.S. Cellular Field is an outdoor, open air, grass stadium.

I get Carl Pavano has "owned us" in the past. But to hit into 4 double plays? That has nothing to do with Pavano, that's all on us. Watching the game, I'd say our hitters got very generous calls at the plate tonight, and still all we have to show for it is 1 run. Konerko's up the middle shot snagged by Pavano was a tough break, I admit that. But had it leave the infield its still a 4-3 game, and with the slow moving Konerko on 1st.

If the Sox wan't to win this division, they're going to need to nut up, not make mistakes, not shit the bed against Minnesota, and beat the teams in the division. Plain and simple. Lets hope the Sox can salvage a split tomorrow afternoon.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox did nothing tonight but prove they simply aren't able to win the division at this rate. I realize they've played well the last month and a half, I realize they've won a lot of series as of late, and I realize the hitters are finally, slowly but surely coming around.

That said.

No matter how much you beat the beasts in the east or the best in the west, if you cannot defeat teams in your own division, then you're not going to win it. Simple as that. Especially teams your better than, despite the records, teams that are beat up, or even, god forbid, a team thats better than you.

4-1 Against the Indians? Thats good. 1-1 against the Royals? Fine. 1-4 against the Tigers? And 0-3 against the Twins? Inexcusable. For years, Sox fans blamed it on the Metrodome. Sure, it seemed like a good excuse at the time. Twins loaded their teams with speedy, left handed hitters and developed good small-ball players from their farms. But when they come to an out-door stadium, aka fair advantage, and still defeat the Sox? They have absolutely to blame. Even when the Twins played in the Dome I didn't believe in "Twins magic", because they usually beat us at home too. And for those who haven't noticed, beautiful U.S. Cellular Field is an outdoor, open air, grass stadium.

I get Carl Pavano has "owned us" in the past. But to hit into 4 double plays? That has nothing to do with Pavano, that's all on us. Watching the game, I'd say our hitters got very generous calls at the plate tonight, and still all we have to show for it is 1 run. Konerko's up the middle shot snagged by Pavano was a tough break, I admit that. But had it leave the infield its still a 4-3 game, and with the slow moving Konerko on 1st.

If the Sox wan't to win this division, they're going to need to nut up, not make mistakes, not shit the bed against Minnesota, and beat the teams in the division. Plain and simple. Lets hope the Sox can salvage a split tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately, I agree with you completely. Detroit is the team to beat in the division right now and Minnesota is starting to play well. If we can't beat this two teams, we'll be shit out of luck come October once again.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Any preview or prediction thread or article I made I stated that I didn't think the Sox would top Minnesota to win the division because I felt they couldn't beat teams in the division like they never do. And I felt, with all respect, that adding Adam Dunn wasn't going to change that.

I really wish I wouldn't of been right on that aspect.....

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any preview or prediction thread or article I made I stated that I didn't think the Sox would top Minnesota to win the division because I felt they couldn't beat teams in the division like they never do. And I felt, with all respect, that adding Adam Dunn wasn't going to change that.

I really wish I wouldn't of been right on that aspect.....

I hear you. It's still relatively early, but things have to start turning around before the All-Star break to have a legitimate chance at the division.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Lets get some runs boys!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how we crap in our pants against the twins all the time. they can put a single A team out there and still beat us.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please get Viciedo up here NOW.

I'm officially done with Pierre's garbage ass.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please get Viciedo up here NOW.

I'm officially done with Pierre's garbage ass.

and you get mad when i complain about ozzie. Lillibridge should be playing over Pierre....ozzie makes the "god damn Lineup"

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, enough with pierre, get lillibridge in there. Ozzies small ball is not working right now, games like yesterday were just pathetic. I dont even like the way his lineup is set anymore, id make some changes to that shit, if Dunn is hitting so low, id go ahead and move Ramirez down a few spots and Morel up a few.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
geez, 8 hits and they couldnt get anyone across.....

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lilli must've had naked pics of Ozzie's wife in his locker.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I've stopped worrying about Twins series. When I see we play play them I just us 2 or 3 losses and wait for the next series.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
damn, lost today, snoozed on the start time. :obama:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Minnesota. This is horse shit.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Minnesota. This is horse shit.

7062.jpg
7063.jpg

"We were missing yet you still can't beat us."

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought they were having the doubleheader today?