Illegal game-winning play--NOT

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I notice Alshon Jeffery do this every time he lines up. I think its pretty smart.

I remember Cris Carter saying last year (regarding a play where a WR was offside and cost his team dearly), that the WR is taught to look to the ref and get the OK (as to where he is lined up) on every play.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Receivers are taught to do this as early as JFL. I'm sure it become habit.

I know when I played receiver, we were taught to do it. But I don't really notice it in the NFL anymore. I do notice that Jeffery does it every time. I may just miss it, but I didn't think it was as common as it is in the lower leagues.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
They were carping about it on Viking radio this morning. Glad to see it was de-bunked. Although the sour grapes did make me smile in the car :rolling:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also if they signal to the ref they are on or off the line of scrimmage and he ok's it then it's good to go

This is one of my pet peeves when I'm reffing on the sides. Receivers want to do this pointing or ask, "Am I good?" I don't know what the hell that is supposed to mean. Just tell me where you're supposed to be, and I'll tell you if you're on or off.