Illinois Very Own Corey Liuget for DT 2011

beardwn34

Liked Posts:
Now way should the Bears bring back Harris next season. Harris has been in decline for some time now & last season was horrible, down right horrible. He's never been the same since his knee surgery. Harris has always been a small DT that that relied on speed & burst, though since his knee surgery he lost both & has been tossed around the field like a rag. I find it hard to watch at times, Tommie is no longer a disruptive DT on the field. I really think Angelo should draft Corey Liuget from Illinois & try to trade Harris for a 4th, 5th , or 6th round pick. The Bears had no pressure from the middle of the defensive line. Cory Liuget is an absolute true beast DT that will truely bring back the quarterback masher, offensive line mauler reputation to the Bears defensive line & defense as a whole. This kid really is that good and has a ton of power to go with his speed, unlike Harris who relied mainly on speed to generate a passrush, Liuget has the bull NT power in a 3 Tech DTs physique at 6' - 300 lbs. He has tremendous upper/lower body strength, a low center of gravity/ gets great leverage, very very violent hands, good initial burst. He's unblockable in one on one situations, gets off from blocks well, is excellent at pushing a double team backwards, maintains good speed in full on contact with blockers. Cory Liuget is a stud & could contribute immediately as a rookie in Lovies/Marinellis Cover Two zone defense, & he can play both interior DT positions.

IMO, Liuget is the perfect, ideal DT for the Bears in every aspect, immediately & for the future. The Bears will have a great shot at getting to him in the first round since many teams have/are switching to the 3-4 schemes and the best DTs in the draft are 3 Techs. The best OTs in the first round of the draft will be gone by the time the Bears pick & the Bears do need a DT every bit as bad as they need offensive linemen. Not to mention every team in the league knows the Bears will likely draft offensive line help, so I would'nt be surprised if the competition drafted any prospects valued by the Bears, just as Green Bay did to them in 2010 by drafting Morgan Burnett when they & every other team in the league knew the Bears wanted to draft him as their future safety. I hope & pray Angelo drafts Liuget in the first, then offensive line in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th, WR in the 5th(Darvin Adams, WR Auburn, 6-3 185) & OLB in the sixth(Brian Rolle, Ohio State) for OLB depth in the likelyhood that Pisa doesnt return in 2011. The Bears should cut ties with Tommie Harris yesterday, he's done & costs a kings ransom. He only had 13 tackles & 1.5 sacks & created no pass rush/pressure whatsoever in 2010. I pray to God Angelo trades Tommie & drafts C. Liuget. GO BEARS 2011!!!

My offseason wishlist: I believe the Bears three biggest needs, by far, are OL,DT, & WR

Logan Mankins & if God willing, a #1 free agent WR also but I could live without one if Angelo baged Mankins. If possible resign Kruetz to help mentor a rookie Center. Then draft:

1) Corey Liuget, DT

2) Marcus Cannon, OT or John Barksdale OT, in spite of both being rookies, both would still be immediate upgrades over Omiyale or Webb.

3)John Moffitt, OG - Future RG behind Garza in 2011

4) Kristofer O’Dowd, C - Future Center behind Kruetz in 2011

5) Darvin Adams, WR Auburn, 6-3 185, The Bears need a tall WR & should also pursue a #1 WR in FA(If the cba cap allows such). The draft seems to be loaded with tall WRs this season throughout rounds 2-6

6) Brian Rolle, OLB Pisa is likely done, this kid could be that diamond in the rough that Angelo lives for, & has a ton of speed for an OLB.

Thats my wishlist. Basically if Angelo aquired Mankins, Liuget, Cannon/Barksdale, O'Dowd & a tall go up and get it WR in the offseason I can say I'll be pretty psyched for 2011.

liuget_display_image.jpg

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I may be a USC fan, but even I'm not that high on O’Dowd. He looked beyond awful in 1v1 drills in Senior Bowl practices and his injury history is a big red flag. Darvin Adams will be lucky to get drafted and Brian Rolle reminds me too much of Marcus Freeman. Marcus Cannon will have to be a RT or an OG in the NFL and his passion for the game has been questioned. Also it's Joseph Barksdale and he's more of a 4th-5th rounder to me.

This is a bad mock. Also while I like Liuget there are better players that fit the UT position better, like Marvin Austin or Muhammed Wilkerson

Last edited:

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Now way should the Bears bring back Harris next season. Harris has been in decline for some time now & last season was horrible, down right horrible. He's never been the same since his knee surgery. Harris has always been a small DT that that relied on speed & burst, though since his knee surgery he lost both & has been tossed around the field like a rag.

In what world is 6-3 295 "a small DT"? Unless you're running a 3-4, that's the right size. Also, Liuget is the exact same size, so I don't know what you think you're gaining there.

I find it hard to watch at times, Tommie is no longer a disruptive DT on the field. I really think Angelo should draft Corey Liuget from Illinois & try to trade Harris for a 4th, 5th , or 6th round pick.

Nobody is trading a 4th or 5th for Harris on that contract.

The Bears had no pressure from the middle of the defensive line. Cory Liuget is an absolute true beast DT that will truely bring back the quarterback masher, offensive line mauler reputation to the Bears defensive line & defense as a whole. This kid really is that good and has a ton of power to go with his speed, unlike Harris who relied mainly on speed to generate a passrush, Liuget has the bull NT power in a 3 Tech DTs physique at 6' - 300 lbs. He has tremendous upper/lower body strength, a low center of gravity/ gets great leverage, very very violent hands, good initial burst. He's unblockable in one on one situations, gets off from blocks well, is excellent at pushing a double team backwards, maintains good speed in full on contact with blockers. Cory Liuget is a stud & could contribute immediately as a rookie in Lovies/Marinellis Cover Two zone defense, & he can play both interior DT positions.

IMO, Liuget is the perfect, ideal DT for the Bears in every aspect, immediately & for the future. The Bears will have a great shot at getting to him in the first round since many teams have/are switching to the 3-4 schemes and the best DTs in the draft are 3 Techs.

You perfectly argued why 3-4 teams may in fact gobble him up. He has the right size and skill set for both 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. He's a power guy who already will occasionally require double teams.

The best OTs in the first round of the draft will be gone by the time the Bears pick & the Bears do need a DT every bit as bad as they need offensive linemen. Not to mention every team in the league knows the Bears will likely draft offensive line help, so I would'nt be surprised if the competition drafted any prospects valued by the Bears, just as Green Bay did to them in 2010 by drafting Morgan Burnett when they & every other team in the league knew the Bears wanted to draft him as their future safety. I hope & pray Angelo drafts Liuget in the first, then offensive line in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th, WR in the 5th(Darvin Adams, WR Auburn, 6-3 185) & OLB in the sixth(Brian Rolle, Ohio State) for OLB depth in the likelyhood that Pisa doesnt return in 2011. The Bears should cut ties with Tommie Harris yesterday, he's done & costs a kings ransom. He only had 13 tackles & 1.5 sacks & created no pass rush/pressure whatsoever in 2010. I pray to God Angelo trades Tommie & drafts C. Liuget. GO BEARS 2011!!!

Sorry if I've come off so far as if I'm pissing on your parade since I do like Luiget. I saw him from the student section this year and he's very impressive. He's also likely to go late in the first which is where the Bears pick. While it would be a very good way of replacing Harris, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be looking offensive line, wide receiver or defensive back as well. The best available player should rule the pick, and if that's Luiget so be it.

My offseason wishlist: I believe the Bears three biggest needs, by far, are OL,DT, & WR

Logan Mankins & if God willing, a #1 free agent WR also but I could live without one if Angelo baged Mankins. If possible resign Kruetz to help mentor a rookie Center. Then draft:

1) Corey Liuget, DT

2) Marcus Cannon, OT or John Barksdale OT, in spite of both being rookies, both would still be immediate upgrades over Omiyale or Webb.

3)John Moffitt, OG - Future RG behind Garza in 2011

4) Kristofer O’Dowd, C - Future Center behind Kruetz in 2011

5) Darvin Adams, WR Auburn, 6-3 185, The Bears need a tall WR & should also pursue a #1 WR in FA(If the cba cap allows such). The draft seems to be loaded with tall WRs this season throughout rounds 2-6

6) Brian Rolle, OLB Pisa is likely done, this kid could be that diamond in the rough that Angelo lives for, & has a ton of speed for an OLB.

Thats my wishlist. Basically if Angelo aquired Mankins, Liuget, Cannon/Barksdale, O'Dowd & a tall go up and get it WR in the offseason I can say I'll be pretty psyched for 2011.

Two comments: one, Logan Mankins isn't going to become a Bear. He's going to be the most in demand offensive lineman this year and they always go for much more than they're worth. He's already 29, which means he's nearing the start of his decline. That's not a smart way to go. As for Moffitt, he's not likely going to be available by the Bears second pick. Chicago would have to spend their first rounder on him if they wanted him, which seems a bit high to me.

fade

Liked Posts:
The FO will NOT go after a #1 WR and a top-tier OG. That's insane, way too much money spent. If we only go for Mankins as you suggested, then we dont fix the WR situation. I dont trust a 5th round pick to be out go-to physical receiver.

Cannon will not play as an OT in the NFL. He'll be a guard.

I know the O-Line is a big need right now, but you're using the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks on it as well as getting a huge contract OG in Mankins. It simply isnt realistic, and leaves holes elsewhere.