I'm not suicidal.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Hats off to Kershaw. They had to win. Good for them. There's still hope. Thankfully a 7 game series.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Lol Kershaw can't pitch every night. We'll see them again Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
You can actually take quite a few positives from last night. StatCast reported that the humidity likely took away 3 homers from the Cubs last night, so we actually were making hard contact on Kershaw so even if we do face him 3 times I am confident we will push through against him.

Baseball is a funny game and the best team won't always win, we have to realize that.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I think we had about 3 hits just a few feet away from heading all of the way out.

This is playoff baseball against some of the best pitching. Riz and addy may be slumping but i doubt that the bats are that cold.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love the national sports media saying what an amazing job Kershaw did last night against our Cubs. The Cubs pitching staff gave up 1 freaking run. No love? Not like the damn score was 12-0. Most times a staff gives up a single run, they win. Sheesh. Zero complaints about the fact the Dodgers could only manufacture a single run last night. Oh, no it is all about the fact our Cubs couldn't manage a single run and they're in trouble. :mad::angryfinger:

PS: I feel better now.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Love the national sports media saying what an amazing job Kershaw did last night against our Cubs. The Cubs pitching staff gave up 1 freaking run. No love? Not like the damn score was 12-0. Most times a staff gives up a single run, they win. Sheesh. Zero complaints about the fact the Dodgers could only manufacture a single run last night. Oh, no it is all about the fact our Cubs couldn't manage a single run and they're in trouble. :mad::angryfinger:

PS: I feel better now.
The Cubs lost and you want the focus to be on them? Homer

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Okay, but will you be suicidal if the Cubs lose the series?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, you could have some perspective and objectivity or you can be homer boy

Oh. My bad. Let me rephrase for you. National media says Kershaw great for allowing no runs, mute on Cubs staff giving up only 1 run. Cubs criticized for not scoring any runs. Dodgers not criticized for managing to scoring only a single run.

Better?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Oh. My bad. Let me rephrase for you. National media says Kershaw great for allowing no runs, mute on Cubs staff giving up only 1 run. Cubs criticized for not scoring any runs. Dodgers not criticized for managing to scoring only a single run.

Better?
Yes

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if the Cubs lost the world series...given the state of the world, the hopeless elections, the failed Shiraq areas of Chicago...

we may see an unprecedented incidence of suicides for a region. Records are meant to be broken?

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Better?
Probably cause they expected the cubs to shut down dodgers hitting..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Better?

I think if the Cubs staff had not given up so many walks, they may have talked about it. I feel that the Cubs got a bit lucky keeping it at 1-0. From a hitting standpoint, after the first time through the lineup, there was no reason to take strike one. Kershaw was pounding the zone on strike one. It wasn't a good night for the Cubs.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You've got to love Cubs fans on CCS. It's sort of like being on a plane full of people who are afraid to fly. Every single bump of normal playoff baseball turbulence--even when it's expected, predicted turbulence--results in discussions like "I'm not suicidal, and "There's still hope," so that people can collectively reassure themselves that, no, in fact the wings did not just rip off mid-air and we're not all plummeting to our fiery deaths.

The Cubs are tied 1-1 in a 7 game series having just lost to the finest pitcher of this generation by the slimmest of possible margins.

Get a grip, folks.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
You've got to love Cubs fans on CCS. It's sort of like being on a plane full of people who are afraid to fly. Every single bump of normal playoff baseball turbulence--even when it's expected, predicted turbulence--results in discussions like "I'm not suicidal, and "There's still hope," so that people can collectively reassure themselves that, no, in fact the wings did not just rip off mid-air and we're not all plummeting to our fiery deaths.

The Cubs are tied 1-1 in a 7 game series having just lost to the finest pitcher of this generation by the slimmest of possible margins.

Get a grip, folks.

kdk5l.gif

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Get a grip, folks.

Nice glass half full approach here, but the real fans know that this plane ride is inevitable. We're flight 370, and the Dodgers are Malaysia :(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice glass half full approach here, but the real fans know that this plane ride is inevitable. We're flight 370, and the Dodgers are Malaysia :(

lol. Have a feeling its a few Sox fans that are like "oh shit oh shit we are going down" and they will be laughing when it does go down. I picked a Cubs/Indians world series many months ago after the Indians had the finest streak of the year. They have the bullpen, starters, and balanced group to give the Cubs problems. I predict an Indians Win being the karmic flow of a heavy weight championship, an NBA championship, finally falling to them.

This Chicago curse is more complicated than you understand. Needs some more simmer.

I think the Dodgers will be a weird series, but Cubs prevail. The difference being the Dodgers have to go Kershaw to stay alive down 3-2....and IF they win...but I kinda think Cubs in 6 over Kershaw right now...if they win...Lester vs what is left of their staff.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Positivity

Yep. Ironic this board's software still doesn't recognize the word "positivity" and underlines it in red as a misspelled word even when correct. That about sums it up. I could add it to dictionary with a right click, but it is just too fitting...mostly on the Bears forum but also here at times.

Negative Nancys (aka Debbie Downers, glass half empty, etc) get it both ways and I never liked how they get away with that in addition to being annoying negative the whole time when it should be an enjoyable experience:
A - Fav. team loses, and they can then be right or worse gloat about "see...I told you so". Nobody likes that guy. Don't be that guy.
B - Fav. team wins despite annoying negativity along the way. Nobody cares about that once the good guys win, and Negative Nancy sheepishly escapes without a scratch or is a turncoat expecting high-fives. Don't be that guy either.

Option 2: Cautious Optimism. Stay neutral or hopeful with fingers crossed & openly hope for the best. Cheers! :beer:

Option 3: Objectivity. Admit good & bad. Discuss & revel in the chaos that is sports. Also Cheers! :beer:

Option 4: Homer. :homer:

Point is, there's FINALLY a LOT to be excited about with this team! (More than the Bears at least) Glad to see wrists are intact for now.

Enjoy the ride!!