In all honesty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're off to a 7-3 start. Take it or leave it. Fundamentally, we lost three games. All in which I believe were by less than 10 points if I remember correctly, with the exception of the Giants game. I don't agree with Lovie's style (I'm old school, but see Singletary's success in today's ball...) but the dude is winning at this point. Cutler is 27. He's had a new OC every year except I think in Denver he had an entire fuckin' streak of two years. It takes time...with the defense aging quick, bringing in another set of coaches would shake things up for another year, which would translate into failure (possibly) given the fact everyone has to learn an entirely new system again, then everyone would be pissed again. Then, once our offense is straight with Cutler being 30 years old, taking eight years of sack-full seasons, the defense will be worn down and I doubt an Urlacher-replacement would follow soon after his retirement. Honestly, would continuity help in this situation? Why is everyone rooting for their team to lose just so a staff, who is the best we've had in awhile in my opinion, that started 7-3 (exceeded expectations much?) can be fired, then we'd have another drama-filled off-season where fans can be pissed at the lack of continuity?

Just a ramble. Que the Lefty facepalm.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't see Martz getting fired, for the sole fact of Cutler needing continuity for once in an OC. If the Bears can get through the murder's row of their schedule, it'll be the 1st winning season for Cutler since high school

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
you guys are better than the cowboys...if that matters AT ALL

7-3 pretty much matters if you ask me... I can see how countless years of cowboys december debacle was enough to warp your perception of success.

Pre

Liked Posts:
If we can get a couple of quality offensive linemen during the offseason, we'll be set in terms of Cutler/Martz. Then my only concern will the aging defense. It won't be too many seasons before we'll have to find replacements for some damn good players.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
If we can get a couple of quality offensive linemen during the offseason, we'll be set in terms of Cutler/Martz. Then my only concern will the aging defense. It won't be too many seasons before we'll have to find replacements for some damn good players.

Not looking forward to replacing numbers 54 and 55 when the time comes

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not looking forward to replacing numbers 54 and 55 when the time comes

I didn't want to replace Warrick Holdman or Rosevelt Colvin and look where that got us. Just sayin.

I think continuity at this point is the best we can do. Would we like another head coach with passion? Yeah. Will it break us if we don't have him and just have lovie? No.

Smith + Martz + Tice + Marinelli = GOOD.

We're a batch of decent offensive linemen away from being a very....very good team.

It isn't how you win...it's IF you win.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears are right at the win total I thought at the beginning of the year. They're going to play a meaningful December. Let's go get em boys. The Division's ours to lose.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:

It'll be something to be concerned with in a few years, I agree, but we have to keep in mind that good teams do this all the time, they get the old players out and they COACH the rookies so they can fill in the spot of a veteran, just look at the patriots D, they had to rebuild it completely, but they found a way to plug the right rookies in.

Status
Not open for further replies.