In depth into Matt Nagy from a friend

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So a close friend of Matt Nagy posted an article aboot Nagy in the Athletic. Here is a summary...

Don’t want to post the Athletic’s content but will give a quick summary:

1: He’s a hard worker. Examples are given like he watched tape of all the QBs the Chiefs were interested in. Broke down all their games, including all 28 of Mahomes starts.

2: He has an eye for offensive talent. Was a proponent of drafting guys like Hunt. Understands offense and how to get guys in position to succeed.

3: Even when he started as an intern at the Eagles, everyone liked him. Gets along with people which is important for a HC. As a former QB, gets along with them because he knows how they think. Writer is a former NFL worker and now writer and says that’s a quality you either have or don’t. Kyle Shanahan in SF has it and so does Nagy.

4: As an intern with Eagles, had the second best arm of anyone involved with team behind only Vick. When QBs got injured, at one point Reid wanted to sign him to active roster but league said No.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
As a "friend" of Matt Nagy, I'm sure the author is being completely impartial . . .

Dude I don't think Mr. Nagy requires talking up given he's already been given the job.

:cmonman:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
3: Even when he started as an intern at the Eagles, everyone liked him. Gets along with people which is important for a HC. As a former QB, gets along with them because he knows how they think. Writer is a former NFL worker and now writer and says that’s a quality you either have or don’t. Kyle Shanahan in SF has it and so does Nagy.

Biggest reason why McDaniels was a no for me. He was not even a consideration in my eyes.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Nagy has two important jobs, retain Fangio and make Trubisky a borderline Hall of Fame QB. He got the first one done now all that matters is Trubisky.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Nagy has two important jobs, retain Fangio and make Trubisky a borderline Hall of Fame QB. He got the first one done now all that matters is Trubisky.

I'd settle for above average QB given the track record of da bears.