In the Spirit of Chicago Unity and Far More Importantly Making More Money...

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Should the Bears ditch the Cubs-looking "C" logo for the "B" logo that's increasingly more popular on hats and merchandise?

To be fair, I'm a Cubs-hating White Sox fan, and I threw out a Bears "C" logo hat a few years ago after it was mistaken for a Cubs hat. And I've heard many Sox fans who love the Bears but won't wear any merchandise with the "C". I want to be objective and not make this a Cubs-Sox argument. But the fact is a very large portion of the Bears fan base is comprised of Sox fans, and merchandise sales generate serious revenue for teams that can apply to the players signed. Would it make sense for the Bears to revise the helmet logo to maximize revenue among Chicago fans? Or would the change make a significant enough revenue change to consider? Realistically, I don't give a damn what the Bears' logo looks like if Cutler throws 30 touchdowns, Shea, Bostic and Greene learn how to play the run, and the team wins a Super Bowl. But if a more neutral fan-based logo can positively affect revenues, I think the Bears should consider it.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
And alienate the cubs fans? the ones who really put the money in the owners pocket? u know northsiders that'll buy into any feel good narrative like continuity?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The irony here is the Bears were originally the north side team that played at Wrigley field while the Chicago CardInals were the South side team.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Should the Bears ditch the Cubs-looking "C" logo for the "B" logo that's increasingly more popular on hats and merchandise?

To be fair, I'm a Cubs-hating White Sox fan, and I threw out a Bears "C" logo hat a few years ago after it was mistaken for a Cubs hat.

/thread right there. Should have realized at this point you were a moron and did the world a favor and just hit the back button on your browser.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah I can hardly tell the difference.

images
images

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: