Iowa Football Thread 2013

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the Hawk fans on CCS, this is where we can discuss this current Hawkeye team. Will they suck something fierce again? Will they surprise and out-do expectations? Only time will tell, but at least we can have a thread to talk some smack, or bitch and wine about the joke of a team on the field.

I am somewhat hopeful, maybe thats my Cubs fan coming out in me? I think they will go 7-5 or 8-4 depending on if they can beat the Cyclowns. I know they are starting a QB who has never taken a snap in D1 football, but the kid was a winner in high school, (won the NC his senior season) and this will be his third year in the system. The O-line is borderline great. Running backs are a nice group with a freight train in Weisman, combo back in Bullock, and a speedster in Canzeri. With that O-line, Iowa could have a very formidable running attack. That's if and a VERY BIG if they can stay healthy. Which in recent seasons has been a wreck in that department in Iowa City. WR's I really don't know what is going to happen there, a lot of new faces in black in gold at WR. Fedorwitz at TE, if he can build on his late season performance from last year he may be All-B1G.

Defense, I think will be improved from a so-so season last year. The linebackers are the experienced group, and should be pretty stout. The D-line the key to Iowa's defense is a year older from a group that was sophomores and freshman last year. Look for them to be a bigger factor this season. Alvis could be the breakout defender in Iowa City, maybe Big Ten. The secondary is the biggest question mark. They have talented athletes that should make plays. They are young, so they will make coverage mistakes as the season goes on.

Maybe I'm being too much of a homer, but the schedule does lay out decent for the Hawks.