Is Alshon A Probowl Alternate?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only list I found was bleacher report, and it said he wasn't (Piere Garcon, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson, etc all where).

How did this man not make the pro bowl, much less become a first alternate?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yes and he will get added because Calvin will probably drop out.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes and he will get added because Calvin will probably drop out.

any link to that? Sorry if im being needy, I was just trying to use the google machine to see pro bowl alternates and couldn't find much.

I don't expect D Thomas to play either since I expect the broncos in the SB(but anything can happen before then)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, he flat out got snubbed. Then again you probably don't want him getting a PB nod anyways if you're talking about extending him after next year.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, he flat out got snubbed. Then again you probably don't want him getting a PB nod anyways if you're talking about extending him after next year.

I don't think it matters whether or not he made the pro bowl in regards to his contract IMO....he's going to get $$$.

Where is Teddy KGB when we need him?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think it matters whether or not he made the pro bowl in regards to his contract IMO....he's going to get $$$.

He had the 2nd best season for a WR in bears history. Have a repeat performance and hes going to be the highest paid WR in the nfl, or close to that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was always under the impression that all-pro and pro bowl nods did factor into how much a player makes on his post-rookie contract. I guess I am wrong. I already know he is going to cost us a pretty penny to re-sign no matter what but next year's performance will go a long way in just how much he's going to break the bank.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only list I found was bleacher report, and it said he wasn't (Piere Garcon, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson, etc all where).

How did this man not make the pro bowl, much less become a first alternate?

I actually love the Pro Bowl (I know I'm in the minority there) but even I would be a little mad if Nelson made it ahead of Jeffery.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pro Bowl is a fuckin joke

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who decides pro bowl alternate's? Is that voted on by players and coaches, or is it just next in line from who didn't make it with the popularity vote by the fans?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who decides pro bowl alternate's? Is that voted on by players and coaches, or is it just next in line from who didn't make it with the popularity vote by the fans?

Guessing, and I think a logical one, the next player based on the same criteria the other pro bowl players got voted in on.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was always under the impression that all-pro and pro bowl nods did factor into how much a player makes on his post-rookie contract. I guess I am wrong. I already know he is going to cost us a pretty penny to re-sign no matter what but next year's performance will go a long way in just how much he's going to break the bank.

I think agents definitely try to use it. But at the end of the day, Jeffery played at a probowl level even if he didn't make it and thats a lotta leverage.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cordarrelle is in now..... WHOO!