Is Forte injured?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Coming into the weekend Detroit run defense was one of the worst in the league.

Matt Forte got another 24 rushing attempts to add to his league leading total in that category.

Yet he only gained 69 yards on those for a 2.9 ypc and a long run of 11 yards.

Forte was 24 for 69 yards & Langford was 5 for 10 yards.

Giving the Bears rushing game 29 for 79 yards for a 2.7 ypc.

With the passing game unloading 353 yards in the air it should have been easy for the Bears to run all over a defense ripe for it.

So with a little bit of sarcasm behind this question of course.

Is Matt Forte injured or could the O-line be a major factor in why the running game stalled today?

I mean if Forte is elite and top few RB in the league why did he get snuffed out on the ground today against an awful run defense missing its best couple of defenders?

Is it time to give up on Forte and try to find the real answer at RB early in the draft next year? :yep:

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Forte is leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Cutler is 22nd in passer rating and also can't stay healthy.

One has been elite this year, the other has been mediocre on the field and even worse for the team when he has had to come off and leave us with Clausen.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Well for one thing they can stop that god damned inside shotgun hand-off. You can see it coming.

The o-lines a mess. They can't make a hole without holding. Leno and Grasu look terrible in the run game and none of the tight ends can block. Bennett in particular has just been bad.

They should have been able to get the run game going but there were consistently unblocked defenders in the backfield.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Forte is leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Cutler is 22nd in passer rating and also can't stay healthy.

One has been elite this year, the other has been mediocre on the field and even worse for the team when he has had to come off and leave us with Clausen.

Nice the first reply tries to turn it into a Cutler thread. Well played hater.

Also was Forte elite today? Is 24 carried for 69 yards and a 2.9 ypc a problem today or was it not?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Foxy and Gase haven't figured out yet that he is not a run up the middle type of RB, but they sure keep on calling for it.
You play call to your strengths and what you are capable of, not what you wish you were.
Forte is no different than he has been for years.
His running production problem is a short bus coaching issue.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Well for one thing they can stop that god damned inside shotgun hand-off. You can see it coming.

The o-lines a mess. They can't make a hole without holding. Leno and Grasu look terrible in the run game and none of the tight ends can block. Bennett in particular has just been bad.

They should have been able to get the run game going but there were consistently unblocked defenders in the backfield.

The O-line came into the game leading the league in penalties against. So I believe it's all on them. They are awful and the talent around them is just enough to mask some of it but they are easily the weakest part of the offense yet again. I'm just curious if Forte is injured. The Bears stayed away from him like something might be wrong and Forte was awful running the ball today. So sarcasm aside, is something up with Forte injury wise?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I thought he for sure was injured because I didn't see him on an entire drive at the end of the half. We had first and goal at the 4 or something and still no Forte. So either he is injured or my tv was broke.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Foxy and Gase haven't figured out yet that he is not a run up the middle type of RB, but they sure keep on calling for it.
You play call to your strengths and what you are capable of, not what you wish you were.
Forte is no different than he has been for years.
His running production problem is a short bus coaching issue.

This is the perfect reply IMO. Forte is what he is....great all around back but lacks in pass blocking and making his own holes.

A smart coach would play to his strengths but today was anything but that. Especially against a very very very bad run stopping defense like Detroits.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think it was the play calling that made him look bad.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I thought he for sure was injured because I didn't see him on an entire drive at the end of the half. We had first and goal at the 4 or something and still no Forte. So either he is injured or my tv was broke.

Yup, the announcers kept talking about Forte being out for such a prolonged period of time.

IMO Forte is fine and Fox was like......you suck I'm gonna put my guy in there and show you how its done.

Only to see his guy get snuffed out as well. Hopefully it gets figured out soon by the coaching staff. If they think their O-line is capable of keeping a clean pocket consistently or run blocking between the tackles on a regular basis. Then they are much closer to Trestman/Tucker bad than they are elite coaching.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I really think it was the play calling that made him look bad.

I agree with you but that truth scares me. Because I was hoping the coaching was a strength of this team & today it appears it was anything but that.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is it time to give up on Forte and try to find the real answer at RB early in the draft next year? :yep:

This (sarcastically). I think one should give up on a RB that set an NFL receiving record last year and was leading the league in rushing going into the game. So, clearly, after a bad game by the OL and coaching staff, against a division rival with its back to the wall at home, Forte has a bad game so give up. Oh, hell, just cut him! No, you keep Forte and I think they may have his replacement on the roster in Langford. Maybe. The Bears have so many other problems worrying about one of the bright spots on the roster is a waste of time.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
This (sarcastically). I think one should give up on a RB that set an NFL receiving record last year and was leading the league in rushing going into the game. So, clearly, after a bad game by the OL and coaching staff, against a division rival with its back to the wall at home, Forte has a bad game so give up. Oh, hell, just cut him! No, you keep Forte and I think they may have his replacement on the roster in Langford. Maybe. The Bears have so many other problems worrying about one of the bright spots on the roster is a waste of time.

Right on my man LOL.......for real though he looked awful today, just saying.

I don't blame that on him normally but at the same time.

I'm trying to be a realist and not a homer. Ask Mongo and some of the other haters to clarify for you what I mean by this.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:

Matt Forte got another 24 rushing attempts to add to his league leading total in that category.

Yet he only gained 69 yards on those for a 2.9 ypc and a long run of 11 yards.

Forte was 24 for 69 yards & Langford was 5 for 10 yards.

Giving the Bears rushing game 29 for 79 yards for a 2.7 ypc.

With the passing game unloading 353 yards in the air it should have been easy for the Bears to run all over a defense ripe for it.

So with a little bit of sarcasm behind this question of course.

Is Matt Forte injured or could the O-line be a major factor in why the running game stalled today?

I mean if Forte is elite and top few RB in the league why did he get snuffed out on the ground today against an awful run defense missing its best couple of defenders?

So you dont watch the games and judge the players performance of stats alone? Cause thats what your argument suggests. Forte was carrying people and falling forward on many when he had some room. Our issue is our rookie center creates no space in the the middle. He has done a remarkable job in pass protection but we get no push with him. Our run game was much better with Montgomery. So no Forte is not injured and looked very good again today.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
So you dont watch the games and judge the players performance of stats alone? Cause thats what your argument suggests. Forte was carrying people and falling forward on many when he had some room. Our issue is our rookie center creates no space in the the middle. He has done a remarkable job in pass protection but we get no push with him. Our run game was much better with Montgomery. So no Forte is not injured and looked very good again today.

Read this whole thread before asking me that. I was being sarcastic to say the least.

Forte had an awful day stat wise but I will be the first to say it wasn't on him.

The Bears O-line is bad and played downright awful today. Which is also something the stats don't tell the true story about. It was a miracle Cutler was only sacked once today and that Forte actually got the minimal yardage he did get.

The play calling was also a major factor as to why Forte got snuffed out overall today.

So I apologize for throwing you off with my original post here. I know not everyone knows who normally posts what. Most of the regulars probably guessed where I was going with this one right off the bat.

:yep: