Status
Not open for further replies.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPNChicago.com

Afternoon Saloon

Bears defensive end Israel Idonije joined "The Afternoon Saloon" to talk about the win over the Carolina Panthers.

Chicago Bears defensive end Israel Idonije said he didn't talk any trash to Carolina Panthers quarterback Jimmy Clausen on Sunday as he posted three of the Bears' five sacks, because it sounded like Idonije almost felt sorry for the former Notre Dame star.

"He's a young guy, and if you looked in his eyes, he had a whole lot going on," Idonije said Monday on "The Afternoon Saloon" on ESPN 1000. "He was probably talking to himself, I'm sure."

Clausen was 9-of-22 and had a passer rating of 29.7 in a 23-6 loss.

"[At one point] he looked like he was terrorized," Idonije said. "But the guy's a young guy, he's going to be a great player in this league for many years to come. He's just having a tough rookie season, and he's going to bounce back."

The Bears will host the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, and while veteran quarterback Matt Hasselbeck has been around the block, he's also been knocked around this season, having been sacked four times in a 20-3 loss to the Rams on Oct. 3.

"It's another opportunity for us to get after the quarterback and showcase what this defense is about, what this team is about," Idonije said. "We're going to get after it. They're a good team, can't take them lightly."

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad...wrong forum lol...don't know how this happened....

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
They smelled blood in the water w/ a rookie QB. I'm not sure if Idonije is the answer across Peppers, but he is playing well and he can defend the run well

Status
Not open for further replies.