IST: Cubs at Tigers

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not going to the Chatwood sucks train, Q was returning felt he had to go before his back was ready. Of course now it seems like he wont be back to where he was for a month, and it will be too late.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I have to see a body of work before calling sucks.

To be fair in normal circumstances he would have pitched 2 minor league games to work out the kinks.

Q looked meh also. Same situation. Let's see how they progress.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I am not going to the Chatwood sucks train, Q was returning felt he had to go before his back was ready. Of course now it seems like he wont be back to where he was for a month, and it will be too late.
What does this mean? Translator? English please.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What does this mean? Translator? English please.

I believe:

Chatwood came back too early but was rushed due to the season ending. (False)

Truth:. He was fine but his back half of his delivery was off and his pacing was off.

Which means: pitching is a repetitive motion and if any part is out of sync then it effects the result. So they have to spend this 5 day span getting his delivery in tune again.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well 89 cannot read sentences and 77 has the inside information that Chatwoods delivery was off, but it had nothing to do with his bad back. Have fun, I will check in now and again to see who is the new me getting kicked around.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Bullpen absolutely sucks.......how long you want to leave the guy in Ross? Clownshow

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kimbrel has looked mostly good in his latest outings. Keep it going

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs lose. Rizzo hits a ball 418 feet for an out. Unreal

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Comerica STINKS. That Rizzo 418 footer should have been a HR.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well all I can say is Wick can close with the best. Not so sure as a early inning guy.

I just see that right now they need to keep pitchers in roles that work. Ross switched it up with Kimbrel and pushed Wick out even though Wick was just fine in the role.

Regardless I would rather have a A squad and a B squad in the pen.

Wick and Kimbrel are fine holding the 9th down. Jeffress is the best set up ATM. Rae should be the prime long relief arm with Q adding depth to MR.

Just the way I see it.

IDK after seeing the 7:6 score my first thought was Lester turd. Well at least that did not happen. After reading the game log it seems that Wick should have cleaned up his inning. 2 2B then he gets 2 outs and a yank. Then the inning blows up. It really felt like a bad manager decision.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
well 89 cannot read sentences and 77 has the inside information that Chatwoods delivery was off, but it had nothing to do with his bad back. Have fun, I will check in now and again to see who is the new me getting kicked around.

Not really inside info. I happened to use a skill called reading and a another skill called clicking my cubs.com book mark. And then went to my first skill to read 'Chatwood and Q are important to us'.

Even though I thought that skill had failed me, or at least the writer was failing another important skill as in communication and honesty.

Regardless in this challenging venture I happened to digest:

"I'm not going to make any excuses. I just wasn't good," said Chatwood, who threw 27 of his 55 pitches for strikes.

"I thought he was just searching for his rhythm," Ross said. "It looked like he was amped up to be back out there, a little quick off his back side, I thought. A little bit rushing."

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well I'll write this now.

This team is not as good as we thought. It was the staff carrying the load and with the staff looking mortal the team is starting to show cracks.

Now I know Robbie Ray should be on the market and should be a cheap pick up and a change might be good for him. At this point it can't hurt for Theo to start talking to teams.