It seems to have paid off resting the starters during the presason games.

richb688

Liked Posts:
It might be early to be 100 percent certain but the gamble by Nagy to rest the starters has paid off for the team. I t also has the benefits of letting the younger players get more experience and also to play against starters on the other team and gauge how they performed. I guess another added bonus was to hold vast parts of the teams offense a mystery until the regular season. I hope he does this next year and I bet you money more teams will copy whet he did this preseason.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have no idea whether it helped or not. I can see no correlation, except the only loss came in Game 1, so if anything, I'd say it hurt.

richb688

Liked Posts:
No , it did not cost the bear the game in any way, shape or form. What is the us? Do you play on the team? The Bears admitted they became to complacent on defense in the second half and some bad defense called plays by Vince was the reason they lost, not because they were rested. I can't recall A bears team being this fresh and ready to go after the preseason.

richb688

Liked Posts:
I see a big bonus the team is healthy and the reserves got valuable experience for the regular season. The team will get more banged up as the season rolls on but as of now this team is in great shape. if a starter does get hurt these reserve players will be ready.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps we're undefeated if our offensive starters had more snaps?

Teams that start 4-0 make the playoffs 83% of the time. It's 90% for a 5-0 start.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Fuller wouldn't have dropped that INT with more playing time in the preseason?

Who knows, because he may have been as winded as the rest of the D... which should never had let it come to that.

richb688

Liked Posts:
winded had nothing to do with a game ending easy as your ever going to get interception opportunity. Fuller has a history of dropping interceptions. He is a good players but has hands of stone sometimes. When was the last time a Bears team was this healthy?????????? never? . In years past they were crippled before the preseason ended.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It cost us the GB game. But whatever.

There is only one possibility of a connection between playing the starters more during the preseason and the Bears losing the Packers game and that would be the possibility of Kwiatkowski getting injured during the preseason. If he were injured during the preseason, he would not have played in the Green Bay game and, thus, he would not have gotten burnt all over the field. Any half athletic inside linebacker would have made the second half futile for Rodgers and the Packers. The Fuller dropped interception would not have mattered in the least.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It cost us the GB game. But whatever.

I'd believe this more if they started like shit, got in a hole and started to put something together later in the game.

Instead, they looked well prepared and ready to play in the 1st half, then died off in the 2nd.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
winded had nothing to do with a game ending easy as your ever going to get interception opportunity. Fuller has a history of dropping interceptions. He is a good players but has hands of stone sometimes. When was the last time a Bears team was this healthy?????????? never? . In years past they were crippled before the preseason ended.

What part of 'it should never have come to that' didn't you understand? I also think it's silly to blame that loss on one player when there was lots to pass around including Nagy's 2nd 1/2 playcalling. Pressure and coverage waned in the 4th quarter as we were sucking air. Nagy had a lot to do with it as well.

No one said it hasn't kept them healthier even though there may be more to that and I'm not even sure I disagree with how the conditioning was handled but they were definitely gasping. Generally the idea is to limit contact in practice and not overdue them to keep them healthy. Counter to that, this team practiced hard yet were lucky with injuries. might also have something to do with new strength and conditioning coaches. That sort of practicing goes a bit counter to them burning out in the Gb game but it was obvious that they did. They have stayed strong for entire games since then.

richb688

Liked Posts:
they were gasping because they could not stop get Green bay off the field because of some bad defensive play calling. I can't understand why when you have a one legged hurt Qb you don't blitz the shit out of him and go after him and don't play prevent defense. I would have loved seeing Rodgers try running around on that hurt leg---I bet the out come would have been different than playing the prevent defense

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe some benefitted. You can't say that Trubisky did. Maybe he wouldn't have been so confused and uncomfortable if he had taken more snaps. I agree that the vets probably didn't need all of the reps but it was important for the young guys to get some work at game speed.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Pretty tough to say one way or the other.

Personally, I think it had some effect on the second half of game 1, but I'll take that trade off for having a relatively healthy team if that's the way it all worked out.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Pace not trading for mack or getting Smith to sign earlier is what cost us the game = fk Pace. Fire the bum. But for the OP. I don't think the few preseason plays missed were a factor either way. What did we miss, a half of a practice game. Non factor to me. I just said it cost us the GB game because I knew someone would and I wanted to be first for once.