It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think V'bach will be one that moves through the organization quickly. If he continues to hit like he is showing he can, I am hoping someday that the Cubs will find a place for him. Nothing wrong with depth, even if it is at 1B.

I know people dont want to hear this, but I got a feeling the DH is coming to NL a lot sooner then people think. Could be right around the time he is ready. The guy bat is special. It is so well rounded with light tower power. Im sure he has some holes like most young players, but they sure arent finding any yet.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I know people dont want to hear this, but I got a feeling the DH is coming to NL a lot sooner then people think. Could be right around the time he is ready. The guy bat is special. It is so well rounded with light tower power. Im sure he has some holes like most young players, but they sure arent finding any yet.

Just keep hitting and the rest will take care of itself. Not comparing him player-wise, just in name, but Pujol's bounced around at multiple positions and he was by no means the greatest athlete as far as foot speed in the world. Who knows, maybe the Cubs will deal Rizzo in the future if V'bach suddenly becomes ready and it nets the Cubs the right player(s) in return?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Just keep hitting and the rest will take care of itself. Not comparing him player-wise, just in name, but Pujol's bounced around at multiple positions and he was by no means the greatest athlete as far as foot speed in the world. Who knows, maybe the Cubs will deal Rizzo in the future if V'bach suddenly becomes ready and it nets the Cubs the right player(s) in return?

If Rizzo can net a starting pitcher, Vogelchunk is getting to the point where you cant deny him a look now, I wouldn't mind it if it makes the Cubs a better team.

The thing is, Theo/ Jed have gone to bat for Rizzo a lot already......

Creme

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Looks like Ronald Torreyes is past his early season struggles from last year. Despite the promotion from High A to Double A, Torreyes is hitting .333/.431/.438 and has struck out 1 time in 62 PA's. Torreyes is never going to win a silver slugger award, but would his AVG and OBP be worth a roster spot? If he is worth the roster spot would it be as a regular or utility guy/pinch hitter?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Ronald Torreyes is past his early season struggles from last year. Despite the promotion from High A to Double A, Torreyes is hitting .333/.431/.438 and has struck out 1 time in 62 PA's. Torreyes is never going to win a silver slugger award, but would his AVG and OBP be worth a roster spot? If he is worth the roster spot would it be as a regular or utility guy/pinch hitter?

Torreyes is such an interesting guy because he is a one tool player, but it is pretty important tool. And it is very much an elite level tool. It seems like second division starter at second base is the best case scenario for him, but perhaps he can surprise. His double play mate in Alcantara, while cooling off from his blisteriing start, is another interesting guy. The Cubs should have a few decent role player types to call up this year or next with those two, Szczur, Ha, Watkins, and some others.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
The more I look at Baez' K:BB rate, the more clear it becomes that the best move for the Cubs is to trade him this year when he will still be considered at top 10-ish prospect in baseball. Prospects with high K rates and low BB rates have a tendency to turn into AAAA players. Hopefully the Cubs could pull off a trade for Price that includes Baez, but excludes Almora.

While speaking of trade value, Matt Garza is scheduled to pitch his 2nd rehab game today for the Smokies.:pray:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The more I look at Baez' K:BB rate, the more clear it becomes that the best move for the Cubs is to trade him this year when he will still be considered at top 10-ish prospect in baseball. Prospects with high K rates and low BB rates have a tendency to turn into AAAA players. Hopefully the Cubs could pull off a trade for Price that includes Baez, but excludes Almora.

While speaking of trade value, Matt Garza is scheduled to pitch his 2nd rehab game today for the Smokies.:pray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oDCKcMYpcQQ#!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He pitched his 2nd game for Iowa. 3.1 IP 4 hits 1 ER. 0BB 3 SO

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
VSL Cubs start Monday

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is becoming clear that Shoulders and Soler should get promoted this summer. (I would fo it after the draft) Ha should get bumped up to Iowa. Sappelt cut. Re-eval Soler again by the trade dead line to see if he is ready for some Iowa AB. He is looking like a complete player and needs to be challenged.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is becoming clear that Shoulders and Soler should get promoted this summer. (I would fo it after the draft) Ha should get bumped up to Iowa. Sappelt cut. Re-eval Soler again by the trade dead line to see if he is ready for some Iowa AB. He is looking like a complete player and needs to be challenged.

That makes sense. Except I think it will be one of the veteran infielders like Maysonet or Lillibridge gets cut. Right now the I-Cubs are only carrying four OFs, and so Ha could easily move up to take at bats away from Bogusevic and Sappelt.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That makes sense. Except I think it will be one of the veteran infielders like or Lillibridge gets cut. Right now the I-Cubs are only carrying four OFs, and so Ha could easily move up to take at bats away from Bogusevic and Sappelt.

Ha is a 4th OF at the major league level. But has earned a promotion. He should have been at Iowa anyways. Except for all of Hoyer's filling Iowa with Minor league F/A's. Sappelt sucks. End of story. Bog is interesting but lacks HR power for a corner OF. Sweeney was hitting over .600 SLG and deserved a look at the MLB level. But I would slide Silvia to LF in Tenn and slot Soler in RF and do a 2 month eval. If he continues with a OPS over .900 I'd bump him to Iowa. He snags let him adjust and go into the fall/ winter leagues and eval if he is ready for AAA. Shoulders is a man among boys right now and deserves a promote.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha is a 4th OF at the major league level. But has earned a promotion. He should have been at Iowa anyways. Except for all of Hoyer's filling Iowa with Minor league F/A's. Sappelt sucks. End of story. Bog is interesting but lacks HR power for a corner OF. Sweeney was hitting over .600 SLG and deserved a look at the MLB level. But I would slide Silvia to LF in Tenn and slot Soler in RF and do a 2 month eval. If he continues with a OPS over .900 I'd bump him to Iowa. He snags let him adjust and go into the fall/ winter leagues and eval if he is ready for AAA. Shoulders is a man among boys right now and deserves a promote.

You may be right about Sappelt, but I still feel like he is worth hanging onto over Lillibridge or Maysonet. And the I-Cub roster is largely made up of people to call up once trades are made.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Will Alcantara get moved up to Iowa if/when Watkins gets the call? Or will they move Lake to 2B and keep giving AB's to Vitters at 3B?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Will Alcantara get moved up to Iowa if/when Watkins gets the call? Or will they move Lake to 2B and keep giving AB's to Vitters at 3B?

I believe Alcantara will play out the season in Tenn. Lake not sure with the time lost. Vitters has fallen back to .200 BA. Watkins' walks are solid. His eye is one of his better tools and I'd hope he gets a sept call. Lake depends on his performance. Rough guess is no he has lost a year and he was questionable to begin with. Eventually players have to sink or swim. Vitters, Jackson and Lake are at that point.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't follow the minors much, but Vogelbach, any chance he has a position change in his future? If we could have Rizzo as we think he will be with Vogelbach how he saeems to be would be a major improvement in the lineup.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't follow the minors much, but Vogelbach, any chance he has a position change in his future? If we could have Rizzo as we think he will be with Vogelbach how he saeems to be would be a major improvement in the lineup.

Highly doubtful he can play anywhere but first. Even though he lost a bunch of weight. He has bad feet with low range and lack of speed. Unless, he greatly improves almost everyone says he will be a great Dh one but nothing else. Alot of people say, think Billy Butler. But, I will say this. I think the DH is coming a lot sooner then people think in the NL. Even if not, he would be a good prospect towards an AL team. say a TB Rays franchise. The guy is a complete hitter. He isnt just power but he has plus plus power. His power is considered to be better than Rizzo;s but he take the ball to all fields with power and will takes walk with a very respectable K rate, He is out performed a lot of people expectations so who knows how he ends up.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Only if DH comes to the NL will he be able to play anything but 1B

Status
Not open for further replies.