Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one wants to address McCown's 2-11 third down performance against the Vikings.

4 punts a game is about right. It's the funny thing about averages. Same with Jay throwing a lot of picks in one game between a lot of good games.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I picked the team that is now 9-4, where a team McCown lost to was 2 -8 and 1. And then beat the Cowboys with a worse defense than the 2-8 and 1 team. And the defense that gave up 328 yards to Calvin Johnson. At home.

McCown threw for 355 yards, completed 64% of his passes, 2 TD's, 0 Int's against Minnesota...meanwhile the defense gave up 246 yards rushing to Minnesota, 211 of them to AP, a 6.2 yard/rush against our defense. So where is any of this loss on McCown?

TillerNOS

Liked Posts:
200 yards rushing by Adrian Peterson?

All in one offensive series? wow, didn't know you could do that. Bottom line is, McCown couldn't match score for score...and I'm not saying Cutler would have done any differently, but look at the Ravens game and the limited offensive plays we had to run against the wind...McCown couldn't make the throws and said so himself.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Sure they are, they only have drew brees where the vikings have...Matt Castle and Christian Ponder. You know those HOFers.

AP not a HOFer

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Or was it Cutler?

So a Cutler loss is on Cutler and McCown loss is on the D. Nice!

where did I say any of that? I have been the most vocal on here about how fucking dumb it is to attribute wins/losses to a qb because this is a team game...try again

jc456

Liked Posts:
200 yards rushing by Adrian Peterson?
How many points did McCown put up on the #29 ranked D in the league? Oh, and like the other poster, so a Cutler loss is only on him and a McCown loss is on the D. LOFL

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
McCown threw for 355 yards, completed 64% of his passes, 2 TD's, 0 Int's against Minnesota...meanwhile the defense gave up 246 yards rushing to Minnesota, 211 of them to AP, a 6.2 yard/rush against our defense. So where is any of this loss on McCown?

2-11 on third down. When it matters most.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How many points did McCown put up on the #29 ranked D in the league? Oh, and like the other poster, so a Cutler loss is only on him and a McCown loss is on the D. LOFL

Huh?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and company on your offense, you absolutely HAVE to score more than 20 on the Vikings.

And when the game was on the line and McCown drove the Bears into field goal position was it his fault Gould missed the kick or that they decided to kick on second down?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't get me wrong, it's a great story, and I'd rather see them win than lose.

I feel bad for the McCown supporters. There's no way they can win the argument. Even if Cutler walks, McCown is still somebody's backup. Still, they try to argue why a 35+ McCown is some great option for the future. It's sad they are that football stupid.

No one said McCown was the future, moron. We're saying Cutler ISN'T the future because he's been outplayed by a backup.

jc456

Liked Posts:
where did I say any of that? I have been the most vocal on here about how fucking dumb it is to attribute wins/losses to a qb because this is a team game...try again
So what was your point then with the porous D? Don't they play for both QBs? So McCown did his job well. I can say that. I'm not bashing McCown. I'm just saying the HC made a decision and we should all except his decision and stop bad mouthing the starting QB that was 4 and 4 when he got hurt.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not to take away from McCown's play, but this says a lot about the HC who put him in a position to play that well.

So why isn't the more talented Cutler outplaying the backup?