onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That doesn't say much for him then. How many plays in a drive for a TD?

Well for a long drive that's usually 12 to 13...but I've seen some 1 or 2 play TD drives

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
We know the D is bad. We can't change that. We know the offense needs to score more. Period. We can go in circles on this all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Cutler starts Sunday and McCown will be a strong backup until he goes somewhere else or goes back to high school coaching.

Yes I too would like to see Cutler throw more than 2 touchdowns without throwing interceptions as well. Is that going to happen though?

jc456

Liked Posts:
So playing on the road in a dome doesn't matter...

Gotcha
Nope a game is a game. A loss is a loss and guess what, a win is a win. Doesn't matter what stadium they're in. Again, excuses. Doesn't matter to anyone, since Trestman already made his decision. here we go round in circles. Will jump high like a bird up in the sky a-huh!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
How can he when he isn't playing? And I thought you weren't talking about QBs. Nice.

where did I say I wasn't talking about QB's, the whole purpose of this thread is about QB's

you are reminding my I was staying out of these tired debates...McCown is the hot hand, he is playing smart efficient football. Cutler was turning the ball over more and making more mistakes than McCown. You were talking as if Cutler was beating the upper echelon of defenses in the NFL when the only legit defense he has beaten was Cincy. That whole argument of Cutler facing stronger defenses is just dumb. and again it is fucking stupid to discuss which QB "beat" which team because a QB doesn't get a win/loss record. You aren't pointing out the fact that although our defense has been horrible all year, they did create 2 turnovers against cincy and the bears only won by 3 points. Same against the first Min game, the defense may have been bad but the created 3 turnovers and the bears only won by 1 point. The same defense that you said was garbage. I don't care who starts for the Bears so long as we get the W at the end of the day.

34_Payton

Never Die Easy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I refuse to go through 17 pages of garbage on this. As much as I like what I've seen from Josh, and even added him to my fantasy team, this is the right move. We still have a shot at playoffs but won't go much farther than that. If Jay is to play at all the rest of the season it's best to let his shake off any rust with the Brownies before we need him to bring his A game vs Philly and GB. Nice to know if things go south we have a guy who can step in and get the job done with Josh.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yes I too would like to see Cutler throw more than 2 touchdowns without throwing interceptions as well. Is that going to happen though?
It doesn't matter how many interceptions are thrown, as long as the QB is playing well and making the right decisions. We can only hope that the cleveland D has no hands like the last place D of Dallas. Even the Great Mannings throw picks so it isn't that stat that proves a quality QB or not. I think in fact the Manning with two Superbowl rings threw five picks in one game. Heck he threw three against the Bears and almost won. One a pick 6. This year! So I guess McCown is better than the Mannings since he hasn't thrown an interception right?

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
This is fantastic news. Cutler was playing great before he got injured. Josh did a fantastic job of stepping in as the backup while the offense had just begun to click on all cylinders. We knew it would take some some for the offense to become acclimated to learning Trestman's scheme. Now with Cutler at the helm it's time to shine.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Well for a long drive that's usually 12 to 13...but I've seen some 1 or 2 play TD drives
So Minny had the ball for about 13 minutes then in the 4th Qtr you're saying? I'm sorry 13 plus minutes.

jc456

Liked Posts:
McCown threw for 355 yards, completed 64% of his passes, 2 TD's, 0 Int's against Minnesota...meanwhile the defense gave up 246 yards rushing to Minnesota, 211 of them to AP, a 6.2 yard/rush against our defense. So where is any of this loss on McCown?
Where are the points then?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Can we retroactively apply those wins to this year? Anyway those wins can replace the NO and 2 Detroit losses? I'm not going to try and make a case that McCown is better than Cutler, but there is no denying that he is playing well in both the losses and wins. Before the season started I didn't have any confidence in McCown, but he is playing efficient football and is putting up points. So there is a very good case as to why many fans would like to roll with McCown. So you can try and diminish how he has been playing all you want but the fact still remains that a 34 year old QB who was out of the NFL 2 years ago is playing the best football of his career.

Here is where you stated you weren't making a case about the QBs, or did you forget you wrote this?

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter how many interceptions are thrown, as long as the QB is playing well and making the right decisions. We can only hope that the cleveland D has no hands like the last place D of Dallas. Even the Great Mannings throw picks so it isn't that stat that proves a quality QB or not. I think in fact the Manning with two Superbowl rings threw five picks in one game. Heck he threw three against the Bears and almost won. One a pick 6. This year! So I guess McCown is better than the Mannings since he hasn't thrown an interception right?
Drew Brees has played all 13 games this year and thrown 8 int's. Jay Cutler has played 7.5 games and thrown 8 int's.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
the fact that this is even a debate tells you all you need to know about cutler...he is not the quarterback of the future.

he has to outplay mccown dramatically in these final 3 games to prove otherwise. the fact is a career back-up has exposed jay cutler. exposed his many flaws that people who fall in love with his talent like to ignore, or blame on someone else. pocket presence, throwing on time, decision making(i laugh every time someone brings up mccown's "almost" picks from sunday. want to start counting jay's "almost picks"?) accuracy, mechanics. 13 tds, 11 turnovers. that's you franchise quarterback "playing well"?

this isn't about mccown, it's about cutler, and how a washed up, out of the league back-up quarterback has CLEARLY outplayed him at the quarterback position.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So Minny had the ball for about 13 minutes then in the 4th Qtr you're saying? I'm sorry 13 plus minutes.

That's about right...they gained over 200 yards of total offense in that qtr

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh, so you take out someone who is on fire playing as well as anybody in the league and better than Jay his whole career?

I don't hate Jay, but I hate this move. We better win, that is all.