It's official: Cutler is starting

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Yeah, we didn't lose to MIN b/c of McCown. It was bad Marc, bad Robbie, bad run D. The O should score more than 20 on MIN though. Hopefully Trestman learned his lesson, using the DAL game as proof. Wilbon has written about it. We have the best skill position group in the NFL. You can't take your foot off on offense. You have to keep going for the jugular. Romo isn't the reason DAL lost to the BEARS, but they should've scored more points. If you know your D can't stop anybody, you have to be aggressive on O.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2-11 3rd down conversions. It wasn't a great game for Josh regardless of his passer rating or yards.

jc456

Liked Posts:
where did I say I wasn't talking about QB's, the whole purpose of this thread is about QB's

you are reminding my I was staying out of these tired debates...McCown is the hot hand, he is playing smart efficient football. Cutler was turning the ball over more and making more mistakes than McCown. You were talking as if Cutler was beating the upper echelon of defenses in the NFL when the only legit defense he has beaten was Cincy. That whole argument of Cutler facing stronger defenses is just dumb. and again it is fucking stupid to discuss which QB "beat" which team because a QB doesn't get a win/loss record. You aren't pointing out the fact that although our defense has been horrible all year, they did create 2 turnovers against cincy and the bears only won by 3 points. Same against the first Min game, the defense may have been bad but the created 3 turnovers and the bears only won by 1 point. The same defense that you said was garbage. I don't care who starts for the Bears so long as we get the W at the end of the day.

here:

Originally Posted by gpphat
Can we retroactively apply those wins to this year? Anyway those wins can replace the NO and 2 Detroit losses. I'm not going to try and make a case that McCown is better than Cutler, but there is no denying that he is playing well in both the losses and wins. Before the season started I didn't have any confidence in McCown, but he is playing efficient football and is putting up points. So there is a very good case as to why many fans would like to roll with McCown. So you can try and diminish how he has been playing all you want but the fact still remains that a 34 year old QB who was out of the NFL 2 years ago is playing the best football of his career.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
IMO, this has the chance to be no win situation for Trestman. If he plays McCown, and he struggles, people will question why Cutler didn't play if healthy. If Cutler struggles why play him when McCown was playing so good. The only win here is if Cutler plays well now.

I disagree.
Trestman is making the only logical choice.
Josh is not the long term answer.
The team is undecided on if Jay is the long term answer..... but that decision has to be made this offseason.
Play the guy, no matter how he does, and finish the evaluation year.

Simple as can be.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Hard to score points when the other team is running the ball down your throat and eating up clock.
what a tool, you can't put up that McCown put 358 yards and then state the D gave up 200+ without mentioning the Bears didn't score with the 358 yards of offense. Sorry tool it doesn't work that way.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Here is where you stated you weren't making a case about the QBs, or did you forget you wrote this?

You need to read that post over again...I said I'm not going to try and make a case on who is better than who...the reason for that is everyone already has their mind made up and it is a pointless exercise to try and take the blinders off certain posters here...you really need to log off and take a break for a few hours. go get some fresh air, have some dinner, then come back and try again.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yeah, we didn't lose to MIN b/c of McCown. It was bad Marc, bad Robbie, bad run D. The O should score more than 20 on MIN though. Hopefully Trestman learned his lesson, using the DAL game as proof. Wilbon has written about it. We have the best skill position group in the NFL. You can't take your foot off on offense. You have to keep going for the jugular. Romo isn't the reason DAL lost to the BEARS, but they should've scored more points. If you know your D can't stop anybody, you have to be aggressive on O.
McCown had 358 yards too. Where are the points?

jc456

Liked Posts:
You need to read that post over again...I said I'm not going to try and make a case on who is better than who...the reason for that is everyone already has their mind made up and it is a pointless exercise to try and take the blinders off certain posters here...you really need to log off and take a break for a few hours. go get some fresh air, have some dinner, then come back and try again.
dude, you are!!!!!!!!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That is the minnesota game in a nutshell. 3 runs and a punt when you are up 3 with 4 minutes left. bad choice.

The play on the field didnt help matters...... but the second down kick and being afraid to run..... yuck.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want everyone who was saying Josh is playing well because the offense overall has improved and that Jay would be playing better now if he was playing to remind themselves of that while they watch this game.

It's hilarious people (like Marshall and posters here) saying Jay was playing his best football ever and he had 13 td 8 int....Josh has 13 td and 1 int lol...

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree.
Trestman is making the only logical choice.
Josh is not the long term answer.
The team is undecided on if Jay is the long term answer..... but that decision has to be made this offseason.
Play the guy, no matter how he does, and finish the evaluation year.

Simple as can be.

I agree. But do you think that if Cutler struggles that there won't be people questioning his decision to start Cutler? And knowing that Cutler is healthy now, if he was to start McCown and he then struggled people would question why he didn't play Cutler. Either of those I would almost guarantee would happen. The only win now is if Cutler plays well and we win. If that happens, you can't question his decision logically.

jc456

Liked Posts:
BTW, I'm done in fifteen so then you can go back to your non QB comparison about who is or isn't better. You know that one you're not blaming the D on or anything. Yards put up, or whatever else excuse you used to not discuss who isn't better.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Drew Brees has played all 13 games this year and thrown 8 int's. Jay Cutler has played 7.5 games and thrown 8 int's.

Its mind boggling how some of them can sit here and compare Jay Cutler to a Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre etc.

It's fucking ridiculous.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
dude, you are!!!!!!!!

So you take my post where I said I wont try and make a case on who is better as me saying I'm not going to talk about QB's in a thread dedicated to talking about the QB's...at this point you are beyond help. Enjoy making an ass out of yourself.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what a tool, you can't put up that McCown put 358 yards and then state the D gave up 200+ without mentioning the Bears didn't score with the 358 yards of offense. Sorry tool it doesn't work that way.

Because running the ball for 6 yards a pop is going to eat up more clock than gaining 350 yards through the air. God, you're fucking stupid.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Umm...they did score though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not "bad josh". "Not Good Enough" Josh.
Don't you Texans know football is a team sport? And shouldn't you be with your group camping out in front of Schaub's house so you can scream insults at him every time he steps outside?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the last stand of Jay Cutler.

McCown has shown what this offense can do and that the talent around the QB and the play calling is no longer and excuse.

If Cutler struggles he should allowed to leave.

If he thrives he should be re-signed.