It's official: Cutler is starting

Grizz

Liked Posts:
I registered simply to post in this nonsense-riddled thread...

"Cutler was playing great before he was injured"
-Whoopty do. That was before he was injured, twice. That was 6 weeks ago. That's completely irrelevant to what's going on right now, in that crucial time period that some people consider important: the present. Cutler's rusty, recovering, and now under a ton of pressure to perform. STUPID.

"I trust Trestman! He's so smaht!"
- Yes, Trestman who is the brilliant man that will leave an obviously injured Cutler in a game for 4 quarters. The same Trestman who kicks on 2nd and 47. The same Trestman who owes it to Cutler for having a hand in helping him get a head coaching job. STUPID.

"McCown was a journeyman, blah blah"
- How could this possibly be any more irrelevant? By this logic, Michael Jordan should be signed tomorrow to the highest paying team. Have you seen his stats? Oh, wait, you mean what's going on RIGHT NOW is what matters? STUPID.

McCown's got the hot hand. He is clicking with the offense. They're confidence is up, and it's starting to run like a well-oiled machine. So what's the logical next step? Introduce a wildcard! No, you don't know how Cutlers going to perform after being injured and being out for so long.

With all that said, I hope Cutler comes out and looks stellar. I always backed Cutler, and always defended him, despite how I'm increasingly irritated by his attitude(does this man EVER smile?). There's no defending this decision though.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I registered simply to post in this nonsense-riddled thread...

"Cutler was playing great before he was injured"
-Whoopty do. That was before he was injured, twice. That was 6 weeks ago. That's completely irrelevant to what's going on right now, in that crucial time period that some people consider important: the present. Cutler's rusty, recovering, and now under a ton of pressure to perform. STUPID.

"I trust Trestman! He's so smaht!"
- Yes, Trestman who is the brilliant man that will leave an obviously injured Cutler in a game for 4 quarters. The same Trestman who kicks on 2nd and 47. The same Trestman who owes it to Cutler for having a hand in helping him get a head coaching job. STUPID.

"McCown was a journeyman, blah blah"
- How could this possibly be any more irrelevant? By this logic, Michael Jordan should be signed tomorrow to the highest paying team. Have you seen his stats? Oh, wait, you mean what's going on RIGHT NOW is what matters? STUPID.

McCown's got the hot hand. He is clicking with the offense. They're confidence is up, and it's starting to run like a well-oiled machine. So what's the logical next step? Introduce a wildcard! No, you don't know how Cutlers going to perform after being injured and being out for so long.

With all that said, I hope Cutler comes out and looks stellar. I always backed Cutler, and always defended him, despite how I'm increasingly irritated by his attitude(does this man EVER smile?). There's no defending this decision though.

Hey meatball. Take it up with Trestman. He is the one making the call to start Cutler.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is a talented QB, we can all agree on that.

There is a ton of talent, a good play caller, and a scheme that worked with a back up QB.

I think Jay will step in and run the system as well as McCown, unless people think he is totally incapable of making good decisions, learning while on the sideline, and improving.

slimeyjimey

Liked Posts:
I just find it funny that so many people say this is such a quarterback friendly system, and with the two superstar wide receivers and a solid running back any quarterback could succeed in it. Except Cutler though... He doesn't count when it comes to this analysis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

There is a ton of talent, a good play caller, and a scheme that worked with a back up QB.

I think Jay will step in and run the system as well as McCown, unless people think he is totally incapable of making good decisions, learning while on the sideline, and improving.

If Cutler was going to learn he would have done it already. He isn't a rookie. He's 30.

You'll see. He'll feel some pressure and will revert to the piss poor mechanics that has balls sail on him trying to force it into a tight window.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
If Cutler was going to learn he would have done it already. He isn't a rookie. He's 30.

You'll see. He'll feel some pressure and will revert to the piss poor mechanics that has balls sail on him trying to force it into a tight window.

Technically you could say the same about McCown. He is 34 and has had a worse career than Cutler.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Technically you could say the same about McCown. He is 34 and has had a worse career than Cutler.

McCown has not shown bad mechanics this season. Dilfer actually pointed out Joshs footwork as one of his strengths.

Cutler on the other hand, did show some of that against Detroit. He trusts his arm, I get it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Even if he does, his p[rice tag is ten times the size. for that money, he needs to be running the offense significantly better than McCown.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I'm excited to see Jay go out there and prove why he is the starting quarterback on this team. I'm confident that he will finish off this season well.
I trust Trestman's judgement on the matter. And if Cutler doesn't play well these last 3 weeks, things will get very interesting.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Trestman making the stupid arguments I referred to?

Trestman is making the call which is causing everyone else's response which in turn leads to yours.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
post-9365-Lakers-Bros-gif-oO2u.gif

Deal with it.
309k2e0.gif

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
McCown has not shown bad mechanics this season. Dilfer actually pointed out Joshs footwork as one of his strengths.

Cutler on the other hand, did show some of that against Detroit. He trusts his arm, I get it.

McCown has been great, no argument there, this offense is good for him. I'm just saying it took him a long time and he looks great now. So we just can't say Jay isn't going to improve at some point either. I don't take sides, just keeping things real.