It's Time For MLB Players Not To Be Afraid.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Being that it's reported as heroism for some players from the world of professional sports to come out of the closet recently.

I am very disappointed that I haven't seen any from the current MLB.

There has to be some that are proud enough to make this critical step, to show others that love the sport, that it's okay.

Billy Bean, who came out after playing for the Tigers, Dodgers and Padres from 1987-1995, said he was unsure how effective the development would be overall despite being "happy and thrilled" at the change. “I don’t know if legislation is going to provide the safety and security that players need,” Bean told the Daily News. “If you’re a marginal player, you fear losing your job at any moment. If you’re a young baseball player who just happens to be gay, you might feel safer keeping it to yourself.”

Several teams, including the Chicago Cubs and the San Francisco Giants, produced "It Gets Better" videos aimed at combating anti-gay youth bullying. However, some bloggers have also noted that since no current MLB players have identified themselves as being gay or bisexual, it's unclear who the discrimination amendment will protect -- at least for the time being.

[video=youtube;bcpkRL_5IYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpkRL_5IYk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Tik461kzdHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tik461kzdHc[/video]

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It'll happen eventually. Nobody with a fully functional brain under the age of 30 really looks down on being homosexual any more. It's just a matter of media distraction and a decent amount of intolerance still present from the old and brainwashed.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
What percentage of the population is actually homosexual in the first place? I'm not sure it is about "MLB Players Being Afraid", I mean there are probably some in the MLB but I don't think their is some huge amount of them hiding it either.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Who and what a person decides to bang should never be an issue under any circumstance as long as the law isn't being broken.

Don't ask don't tell and keep your way of screwing behind closed doors.

And yes. I believe Laura Ricketts has proudly mentioned that she is gay.

I'm so proud of her for doing so.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;ILYvdzbda_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ILYvdzbda_o[/video]