Jalen Hurts

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did the Bears miss on yet ANOTHER good young QB?

Hurts is getting RAVE reviews both nationally and locally in Philly.

I've been beating this drum for years now... but Pace's refusal to take swings at the QB position in the draft will be his downfall.

QB's the Bears could have taken:

2016 Prescott
2017 (The one year he takes a QB he fucks it up)
2018 Jackson
2019 Minshew
2020 Hurts (?)

Sorry to interupt the annual "Mitch looks like a different player circle jerk",

but I've seen this story one too many times:

Bears go 7-9. (new GM time) (new QB time)

Philly in the playoffs making a run behind rookie phenom Jalen Hurts. (after a Wentz injury)

National media: "How did the Bears pass on this guy TWICE in the second round?"

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Prescott isn't worth the contract, Lamar Jackson had one good year and got his ass whooped in the playoffs, Gardner Minshew? Really? You call that a franchise QB? Then some kid that hasn't proven anything yet? Even Trubisky had one good year. One good year doesn't mean shit. Its clearly about consistency and improvement.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prescott isn't worth the contract, Lamar Jackson had one good year and got his ass whooped in the playoffs, Gardner Minshew? Really? You call that a franchise QB? Then some kid that hasn't proven anything yet? Even Trubisky had one good year. One good year doesn't mean shit. Its clearly about consistency and improvement.

Read this and thought... Jay Cutler. One good year in Denver...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Hurts has been okay. Showing nice touch on his deep ball. The thing people are 'raving' about is that he's putting in the time and is being very professional in his approach.

Overall some are suggesting he'll move into the #2 spot sooner than later, but then again, he's beating out career backup, Nate Sudfeld, who resigned with the team this offseason after no one else would give him a backup QB job...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Read this and thought... Jay Cutler. One good year in Denver...

Ironically after seeing Nagy's neutered version of offensive football last season, damn near anyone would have been happy seeing Jay Cutler throwing with reckless abandon.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been beating this drum for years now... but Pace's refusal to take swings at the QB position in the draft will be his downfall.

Didn't he swing (and miss) on Trubisky? It's not the taking of risks. It's the taking of the right risk.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't he swing (and miss) on Trubisky? It's not the taking of risks. It's the taking of the right risk.

Timing can screw you too. Its not like you have a chance to take a swing every year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did the Bears miss on yet ANOTHER good young QB?

Hurts is getting RAVE reviews both nationally and locally in Philly.

QB's the Bears could have taken:

2016 Prescott
2017 (The one year he takes a QB he fucks it up)
2018 Jackson
2019 Minshew
2020 Hurts (?)

Sorry to interupt the annual "Mitch looks like a different player circle jerk",

but I've seen this story one too many times:

Bears go 7-9. (new GM time) (new QB time)

Philly in the playoffs making a run behind rookie phenom Jalen Hurts. (after a Wentz injury)

National media: "How did the Bears pass on this guy TWICE in the second round?"

I mentioned Hurts and some people questioned whether his skills would transfer to the NFL ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If Dak is not worth the contract then why continue to go with Mitch? Dak has been much better his first few years in the NFL than Mitch so even if Mitch plays well this year, by this logic, Mitch would still not be worth it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mentioned Hurts and some people questioned whether his skills would transfer to the NFL ?

I may have been one of those people. I don't know if I questioned it openly, but I did it privately, mostly because of him getting benched during a National Championship game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You also have mentioned/advocated for Terrelle Pryor, Josh Johnson, and any black male that has ever thrown a football at anything above a peewee football level, so there is that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Dak is not worth the contract then why continue to go with Mitch? Dak has been much better his first few years in the NFL than Mitch so even if Mitch plays well this year, by this logic, Mitch would still not be worth it.

I'm staring at what Dak is being offered and he has not taken. Not a chance in hell that his production matches those numbers. I don't care how you try to rationalize that one. Also cool strawman bro. Mitch isn't being offered new money therefore he is still being paid a rookie deal that frankly hasn't panned out yet either. In case you haven't noticed, its entirely possible both aren't worth what they are being paid or offered.