James Daniels or Alex Bars?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
i’m speaking about moving forward. my bad if that wasn’t clear enough in the OP.
OK, in that case if he's benched for 2021 he probably doesn't stick around for 2022 since his contract would be up. I'm less worried about him getting benched though given the competition and more worried about Pace throwing a stupid contract at him like Whitehairs.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
You let Bars, Whitehair, and Daniels fight it out in camp for the 2 guard slots. May the best 2 win, and the 3rd become quality depth. With that said, it's embarassing that Cody Whitehair who is making on average 11.5M a year with 11.2M of dead money left on his contract isn't able to distinguish himself from Daniels ($2.2M ) and Bars ($0.675M).
Not so sure about that, he was beasting out there today

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s clear Mustipher at center, Whitehair at LG, and Bars at RG is working, but what do we do with James Daniels? Mustipher is doing what Daniels couldn’t and allowing Cody to play his natural guard position but has Bars done enough to warrant deeming Daniels a nice luxury back up? He’s looking like another wasted high pick.
Fuck outta here. Daniels was the best lineman the bears had before he got hurt

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Whitehair has not played well at LG. Today was his best game. You let him compete for the position next year. You guys that just want to hand over positions ... you have to build a culture to compete for your fucking job, otherwise you get complacent. Charles Leno is a prime example

Man, Whitehair is the best o-lineman on this team. You can tell he's not healthy. Dude is still toughing it out, and playing well.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The only Bears thing to do now is move Bars to RT, Mustipher to RG, Whitehair back to C, and Daniels to the fucking house cause he obv can’t stay healthy. Oh and hire Coward as OL coach.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Don't be stupid. They're not going to get rid of/bench a really good, versatile, now-injured 2nd round pick still on his rookie deal for Alex Bars.

This time of year, everybody is banged up and hurt, and Bars who had 7 weeks off is fresh off the bench--and while him playing well is a good thing, let's not stretch the guy for what he is, or more importantly isn't.

The dude wasn't on the field starting until Daniels got hurt and Coward sucked at multiple positions on multiple chances. That's not by mistake.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
James Daniels is an above average starting LG. The Bears are a better offense when he's healthy and playing.

Mustipher may very well cement himself into the starting job if he continues to impress these next two games, which seems to leave Whitehair as the odd man out next season. Can Whitehair move over to RG is a legitimate question in 2021? If not, what do you do with him?

As for Bars, he's really done a fine job at RG and I personally think he should remain there. Moving him to RT just seems like a bad move.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Keep them both on the roster and let training camp sort out who of Whitehair, Daniels and Bars gets to start at guard.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The question is if you bring ifedi back, not what you do with daniels or bars.

Daniels starts. Pretty simple. Daniels was playing very well before the injury. He wasn't the problem on that oline.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ifedi is a much more intriguing questionmark to me. He's played decent all season. Not good, not great, but serviceable which is a major improvement over our RG/RT play last year.

I'm not sure he'd be willing to come back if we didn't hand him the starting position, but he'd be the ideal swing tackle. He can play either RT or RG/LG.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The question is if you bring ifedi back, not what you do with daniels or bars.

Daniels starts. Pretty simple. Daniels was playing very well before the injury. He wasn't the problem on that oline.
my point wasn’t daniels was bad but bars is playing really well too.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ifedi is a much more intriguing questionmark to me. He's played decent all season. Not good, not great, but serviceable which is a major improvement over our RG/RT play last year.

I'm not sure he'd be willing to come back if we didn't hand him the starting position, but he'd be the ideal swing tackle. He can play either RT or RG/LG.
Bears will be picking around 15 which means a LT could still be in play. take the best LT and sign a RT to compete with Ifedi.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I think you mean Massie. Leave Ifedi at RT.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Whitehair played Tackle in college. Just put the best 5 out there and let things happen. Like now

Bust

Liked Posts:
It’s clear Mustipher at center, Whitehair at LG, and Bars at RG is working, but what do we do with James Daniels? Mustipher is doing what Daniels couldn’t and allowing Cody to play his natural guard position but has Bars done enough to warrant deeming Daniels a nice luxury back up? He’s looking like another wasted high pick.

Mitch was saying in the postgame Mustipher is one of the most vocal guys in the huddle. Football is a game of alpha males so you need guys getting others fired up.