James Daniels or Alex Bars?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Whitehair might be playing in the wrong spot this whole time. Id have him focus on LT this offseason. He is capable of playing anywhere on the line.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whitehair might be playing in the wrong spot this whole time. Id have him focus on LT this offseason. He is capable of playing anywhere on the line.

Don't think he's agile enough to play LT.

Then again, anyone is more agile than leno is right now. If you're trying to convert him to tackle RT would fit his skillset much more.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think you mean Massie. Leave Ifedi at RT.

No, I mean ifedi. He's a FA after this year.

Bears will be picking around 15 which means a LT could still be in play. take the best LT and sign a RT to compete with Ifedi.

He's a FA....so you'd have to sign ifedi and another tackle. Not sure it happens. I'm fine starting Ifedi at RT next season considering the cap situation. He should still come cheap, although not as cheap as last year. Cut massie, give him the 6m or whatever you save from massies deal on a 2 year one. Even if he doesn't start he's a solid swing tackle/backup guard.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No, I mean ifedi. He's a FA after this year.

He's a FA....so you'd have to sign ifedi and another tackle. Not sure it happens. I'm fine starting Ifedi at RT next season considering the cap situation. He should still come cheap, although not as cheap as last year. Cut massie, give him the 6m or whatever you save from massies deal on a 2 year one. Even if he doesn't start he's a solid swing tackle/backup guard.
ifedi was terrible at RT in seattle im not sure how i feel about him and Bars being our 2 options. if Nagy, Lazor, Flip, and Mitch all stuck around next season i would rather let Allen Robinson walk so we have money to spend on the tackle spots if we are committing to the offense Lazor has been running the last couple weeks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
As far as right tackle goes I think the best bet is to go absolutely all-out for Taylor Moton by basically any means necessary to play right tackle. If he gets franchise tagged then the Bears could franchise tag Allen Robinson and work out a trade, that's how far I would personally go to make that move happen. That relegates somebody who has been playing decently this year to the bench, which is actually pretty fine since injuries on the offensive line are so commonplace.

From there the left tackle hole remains but the rest of the offensive line will be so studly that it shouldn't be too hard to mask Leno Jr. or a rookie starter. That sets the Bears up pretty well for a bridge-year guy to come in and have success and put a quarterback drafted in 2022 in a great position to suceed.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Don't think he's agile enough to play LT.

Then again, anyone is more agile than leno is right now. If you're trying to convert him to tackle RT would fit his skillset much more.
Id rather have a mauler at rt... and looks we are stuck with Leno on the roster for another year. Whitehead would atleast be able to get to the lbs on running plays Lenos effort is inexcusable... Then again he had his moments today, hopefully someone lit a fire under his ass.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
He was our best lineman before getting hurt. Farthest thing from a wasted pick.

The way I see it, go with Whitehair and Daniels as the starters next year with Mustipher at center, maybe use Bars as the backup. Or, if Bars wins a job, use Daniels or Whitehair to back up center and both guard positions. Given the track record of injuries, the depth is not a bad idea. Then again, Whitehair's not bad at center, either, so the Bears can start all three for 2021, and get a couple good young O-Line to back them up in case of injury/ineffectiveness.

There aren't any bad choices here. Mustipher has only played center, so he may have to start by default.

It is, if you ask me, undeniable that the O-Line's improvement of late has helped Montgomery, and it has helped Trubisky. This is a trend that has to continue, and maybe trading down to get some more O-Line depth and weapons on offense would not be a bad idea.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You could draft a LT or sign one in FA after cutting Leno and massie (maybe draft one sign allen robinson ?!?) Cut jimmy graham charles leno bobby massie buster skrine trade Nick Foles. Hire a new better DC. Resign Trubisky ?!? We have to see if spriggs or ifedi can come back cheap and play RT/swing/backup see. if bars or whitehair can start at RT that'll make things alot easier.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
You could draft a LT or sign one in FA after cutting Leno and massie (maybe draft one sign allen robinson ?!?) Cut jimmy graham charles leno bobby massie buster skrine trade Nick Foles. Hire a new better DC. Resign Trubisky ?!? We have to see if spriggs or ifedi can come back cheap and play RT/swing/backup see. if bars or whitehair can start at RT that'll make things alot easier.

My thinking? Cut Massie, trade down in the draft to get a bunch of seconds.

There are two tackles I really like: Jackson Carman from Clemson and Daniel Fallele of Minnesota. Get both of them in the second, grab Trey Smith in the first, and the O-Line is solidified.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
It’s clear Mustipher at center, Whitehair at LG, and Bars at RG is working, but what do we do with James Daniels? Mustipher is doing what Daniels couldn’t and allowing Cody to play his natural guard position but has Bars done enough to warrant deeming Daniels a nice luxury back up? He’s looking like another wasted high pick.

bars is decent but not better than daniels who was one of the more consistent linemen before going down with injury. bars can compete for the RT spot or be the top backup.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would try Whitehair at RT as others have said.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
bars is decent but not better than daniels who was one of the more consistent linemen before going down with injury. bars can compete for the RT spot or be the top backup.

Ideally, I'd like to see this for 2021:
LT: Leno
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustiphar
RG: Trey Smith (6'6" 325 lb OG from Tenn. 1st round pick - traded down)
RT: Jackson Carman (6'6" 345 lb OT from Clemson, 2nd-round pick acquired by trading down)

G/C backup: Daniels
G/T backup: Bars
T: Daniel Faalele (6'9" 400lb OT from Minnesota, eventual replacement for Leno, 2nd-round pick acquired by trading down)

This was the mock I did to get that:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
While he has done a great job since taking over...I don't think Mustipher is going to permanently take the job from Whitehair. Whitehair is making way too much money to sit on the bench and Daniels was far better at LG. I do like Bars at RG, maybe have Mustipher compete with him for that spot.

I would consider bringing back Germain Ifedi if the price is right and cut Massie. Go tackle in the first round and if he can win the job from Leno, all the better.

LT = Leno
LG = Daniels
C = Whitehair
RG = Bars/Mustipher
RT = Ifedi

With the hope that you finally get some depth at tackle this draft to compete behind two very "meh" options.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If Whitehair doesn't start, I think he or Daniels should end up being the primary backup at both G positions and C.

whitehair is not becoming a backup, not when he has a relatively high contract. If anything daniels would be a backup since he is on his rookie deal. daniels and whitehair at guard and mustipher at center imo is a lock, what happens to leno, massie and bars will be interesting to see...i think bars has what it takes to be a RT but we'll see...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It’s clear Mustipher at center, Whitehair at LG, and Bars at RG is working, but what do we do with James Daniels? Mustipher is doing what Daniels couldn’t and allowing Cody to play his natural guard position but has Bars done enough to warrant deeming Daniels a nice luxury back up? He’s looking like another wasted high pick.
Dude....

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
While he has done a great job since taking over...I don't think Mustipher is going to permanently take the job from Whitehair. Whitehair is making way too much money to sit on the bench and Daniels was far better at LG. I do like Bars at RG, maybe have Mustipher compete with him for that spot.

I would consider bringing back Germain Ifedi if the price is right and cut Massie. Go tackle in the first round and if he can win the job from Leno, all the better.

LT = Leno
LG = Daniels
C = Whitehair
RG = Bars/Mustipher
RT = Ifedi

With the hope that you finally get some depth at tackle this draft to compete behind two very "meh" options.

Mustipher's only played center. Whitehair and Daniels have experience at both G and C. So, at this point, it makes more sense to start Mustipher, and let Whitehair and Daniels compete for LG.

whitehair is not becoming a backup, not when he has a relatively high contract. If anything daniels would be a backup since he is on his rookie deal. daniels and whitehair at guard and mustipher at center imo is a lock, what happens to leno, massie and bars will be interesting to see...i think bars has what it takes to be a RT but we'll see...

I agree Mustipher at C is a lock.

Daniels and Whitehair should compete for LG, but since they also have experience at C, whoever doesn't win the LG spot ought to be the primary backup at G/C. Bars is a great backup for both G and T slots, IMO.

For my latest mock at First-Pick.com after trading down (clancyphile's Chicago Bears Draft Results 12/21/2020), I landed Trey Smith for RG (6'6", 325 pounds), and in the second I picked Jackson Carman, a 6'6" 345-pound OT from Clemson and Daniel Faalele, a 6'9" 400-pound OT from Minnesota.

I cut Massie, and one of Carman/Faalele is starting at RT.
Smith goes in at RG.

That leads to a 2021 starting lineup of:
LG: Daniels/Whitehair
C: Mustipher
RG: Smith
RT: Carman/Faalele

Bars and the losers of the RT and LG comps are the backups.

Figure the guy who doesn't start at RT will be developed to replace Leno at LT.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The bears have played the lions, Texans, and the Vikings the last 3 games. None of these teams have a good defense or d line.

Mitch is at QB not the statue that is foles.

This thread is a huge over reaction. The line is still a massive problem. What to do with James Daniels? Lmao. Whitehair flat out ain’t good. The tackles suck. Ifedi is trash. Daniels wasn’t the problem.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mustipher's only played center. Whitehair and Daniels have experience at both G and C. So, at this point, it makes more sense to start Mustipher, and let Whitehair and Daniels compete for LG.

Unfortunately it does not make financial sense.

Daniels wins the job from Whitehair and the Bears have a ten million dollar lineman on the bench. Mustipher makes peanuts...he's your depth player.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
For my latest mock at First-Pick.com after trading down (clancyphile's Chicago Bears Draft Results 12/21/2020), I landed Trey Smith for RG (6'6", 325 pounds), and in the second I picked Jackson Carman, a 6'6" 345-pound OT from Clemson and Daniel Faalele, a 6'9" 400-pound OT from Minnesota.

I cut Massie, and one of Carman/Faalele is starting at RT.
Smith goes in at RG.

That leads to a 2021 starting lineup of:
LG: Daniels/Whitehair
C: Mustipher
RG: Smith
RT: Carman/Faalele

Bars and the losers of the RT and LG comps are the backups.

Figure the guy who doesn't start at RT will be developed to replace Leno at LT.

Cutting Charles Leno saves a modest amount of money. He sucks at left tackle.

With this in mind, clearly, the only logical thing to do must be draft two linemen who aren't left tackles and put one of your best two interior linemen--either the consistent, versatile 2nd rounder who got hurt and is still on his rookie contract or the versatile probowler who makes 9 mil and can't be cut without eating a lot more because you just paid him--on the bench while keeping AND starting the guy who sucks at left tackle.

You're an idiot.