James Johnson Turning It Up a Notch

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Saw this on Doug's blog earlier this morning.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...-johnson-has-indeed-turned-it-up-a-notch.html

I think we're both really big fan boys of Johnson. Johnson has oodles of talent, so if he is working hard, he should become a star.

His strength is top notch for the power forward spot (in summer league, in one of the games, he pulled himself up the basketball system to dislodge a ball, few players in the league can do that, and most guys, even a guy like Dwight Howard, would be struggling on his way up. Johnson did it with ease).

Johnson's dribbling is top notch. He was leading so many fastbreaks in summer league. At the very least, he has shown a willingness to run. So while he won't be necessarily leading the breaks, he should be getting out and running on the fastbreak, which will be a good fit next to Derrick Rose.

I think that Rose, Hinrich, Johnson, and Noah are going to be my favorite Bulls going forward.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Saw this on Doug's blog earlier this morning.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chi...-johnson-has-indeed-turned-it-up-a-notch.html

I think we're both really big fan boys of Johnson. Johnson has oodles of talent, so if he is working hard, he should become a star.

His strength is top notch for the power forward spot (in summer league, in one of the games, he pulled himself up the basketball system to dislodge a ball, few players in the league can do that, and most guys, even a guy like Dwight Howard, would be struggling on his way up. Johnson did it with ease).

Johnson's dribbling is top notch. He was leading so many fastbreaks in summer league. At the very least, he has shown a willingness to run. So while he won't be necessarily leading the breaks, he should be getting out and running on the fastbreak, which will be a good fit next to Derrick Rose.

I think that Rose, Hinrich, Johnson, and Noah are going to be my favorite Bulls going forward.

If the rooks can contribute right away I dont think we will miss BGs 19-20 a game. Not saying we will not miss his clutch shot at the end of games though.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I just hope that Johnson is working hard on his strength and conditioning, and is pairing up with Gibson to work on his post game. It would be really disappointing if he's working hard at being a perimeter player. Personally, I think it would be a huge negative for the team if JJ tries to live off his outside game.