Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
My thought is I don't want to pay #1 WR money to a guy that isn't a #1 WR. If we don't pay him that money, someone will, and I would rather get good return for him while we can. #1 WR money should only be given to a player that requires a double team, or at least that is how I would spend money if I were the GM. If he was willing to take #2 type money, I would be less opt to trade him, but I don't see that happening. Being in the last year of his rookie deal and any team trading for him having the ability to lock him up early. To me getting back a 1st round pick for him now is the type of proactive trading we have been missing in this franchise.

Laugh. What are you seeing that makes you feel Alshon couldn't be a number 1? If you are basing it on the lack of double teams, maybe that's because he lines up opposite a pretty damn good wide receiver. The guy is already a stud and still has a very high ceiling. So you'd rather get a first round pick and keep Marshall? Who do you take with the first round pick? Who replaces Alshon? C'mon, this is just stupid. I wouldn't trade either of our bookend wide receivers, but if I was going to move someone, it would be Marshall. He isn't getting any younger, he seems to be getting injured more frequently, and I didn't care for some of his outbursts this season. Even with that I don't want to get rid of Marshall or Jeffery. The Bears don't have that many positions of strength. It's dumb to destroy the pillars we do have. Maybe you think we should trade Kyle Long too.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
really worried about our wrs next year :D

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Reverting to his college way? You mean catch everything thrown in his direction? Because thats what he did in college.

you dont have to start threads just to start threads.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
jeffery is a very good receiver. he's got to hone the finer details and play with a bit higher motor. he has FOUR false start penalties and 6 total penalties. 4 false start penalties for a receiver is just unacceptable. the drops sunday were another sign of a guy who might not be focused at all times.

there are also times where he doesn't look like he's giving 100% effort.

overall, he is what he is. i don't think he's a true, elite receiver. he's gotten a lot of garbage time yards in his time here. he's capable of making incredible catches, but he doesn't get a lot of separation and isn't a great route runner.

i would definitely look to re-sign him, but i wouldn't give him elite, #1 receiver money. i do think many of his issues could be corrected with better coaches and maybe being a scheme he fits a bit better. put him opposite a receiver with some speed and some more downfield ability and i think he'll be even better.

i think a big issue with the bears offense is that they're receivers are all the same basic kind of player. big, physical guys with average speed. i think defenses have figured out that they don't really have to worry about anyone on the offense running by them. it's allowed corners and safeties to really sit on the short passing game.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few? He had 8 or 9 and they cost us the game, not that it matters.

no

2520%20-%20Raw%20d-generation_x%20facepalm%20hat%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20shawn_michaels%20wwe.png

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;FGFjg7vlFh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGFjg7vlFh4[/video]

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Yes, Alshon Jeffrey is the problem.....lol.

You know his "type"...lazy, ungrateful, should be pumping my gas.....only got into college because he was a big ***ger who could catch a ball well.

Really, it my cousin Jimmy Polackski had been given a chance, he coulda played D1; I mean he tore it up at St. Rita, but they say he only ran a 4.8. What they hell does a 40 have to do with "field speed" anyway...it's just reverse racism.

War Wayne Chrebet over Jerry Rice.

Welcome to their world.

rhino369

Liked Posts:
Wow way to paint with such a wide brush... I bet you think all hispanics hang out at home depot waiting to cut your lawn too?

Stereotyping based on their diagnosed mental illness isn't the same as stereotyping based on race.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not concerned. This season is a clusterfuck. It is a train wreck. A tire fire. I wouldn't judge anyone at any point.