Jenkins Get Trucked Hype Video

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
ohzzggvamqxkbtu1uq0l.jpg

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
This fucker.. looks like Hagrid. Enormous. Can’t wait to see him deliver a few cheap shots

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Fans will fall in love with him burying defenders, but his strength is really in his feet. There are a few plays where he attacks the defender and levels them, but he goes from being in a pass protect set to on the defender in a blink of an eye. That's foot speed.

The knock on him is his arm length, which is just under 33 inches. The general guideline is for arms to be 34+ inches long.

For me, those longer arms are needed when the fundamentals or feet aren't there and the big tackles need every inch to make up lost ground to speed rushers. I'm hoping Jenkins' feet is enough to make his 33 inch arms a non-factor.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fans will fall in love with him burying defenders, but his strength is really in his feet. There are a few plays where he attacks the defender and levels them, but he goes from being in a pass protect set to on the defender in a blink of an eye. That's foot speed.

The knock on him is his arm length, which is just under 33 inches. The general guideline is for arms to be 34+ inches long.

For me, those longer arms are needed when the fundamentals or feet aren't there and the big tackles need every inch to make up lost ground to speed rushers. I'm hoping Jenkins' feet is enough to make his 33 inch arms a non-factor.

Isn't arm length less of an issue when the tackle is a quick twitch, first off the line type of guy who attacks the defender or sets them up with specific moves? If he was slow off the line and couldn't handle the 1 arm stabs by a defender, I would be more concerned.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Isn't arm length less of an issue when the tackle is a quick twitch, first off the line type of guy who attacks the defender or sets them up with specific moves? If he was slow off the line and couldn't handle the 1 arm stabs by a defender, I would be more concerned.
That's exactly what I said in the dialogue you quoted.

"those longer arms are needed when the fundamentals or feet aren't there and the big tackles need every inch to make up lost ground to speed rushers. "

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's exactly what I said in the dialogue you quoted.

"those longer arms are needed when the fundamentals or feet aren't there and the big tackles need every inch to make up lost ground to speed rushers. "

I think I meant to quote someone else. lol

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he will be allowed to do the Packers style blocking...reach around shoulder to the back and grab the name plate

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What I like about that highlight reel is that when he is blocking, he is focused 100% on the block and is not interested in turning around to see where the RB/QB is..... Just like a QB, keeping your eyes downfield is important.

Too many times when a play breaks down, we see the O-lineman looking back into the backfield to watch the QB get sacked or the RB being tackled for a loss. While I realize that is a by-product of getting beat, they are not helping Monty or the QB at the next level should they be able to escape the pressure.

Nothing infuriates me more than seeing 4 defenders in the backfield swarming around the QB or RB, and the linemen looking back to watch the whole thing happen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's going to raise play of those around him, he's that type of a player. Awesome pick.. He wasn't on my wish list at #20; I liked Cosmi better (#52) but am not disappointed at all in Jenkins to me it's a wash with his mean streak and aggressiveness.

Liked Posts:
Hes going to be our best OT since John Tait .

As a matter of fact he reminds me of Tait in multiple ways. He almost looks like him.

Same exact meanness and leadership qualities. Same exact balanced quality run/pass blocking skillset. Same versatility to bounce back and forth between BOTH OT positions at a moments notice.

I hope BOTH of the new OTs start on the outside with the three vets on the interior.

I like both OTs Pace picked up. Alot.