1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Broke down in tears? What a pussy.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears announced that Sanchez will miss the remainder of the offseason program with a left knee injury that was sustained at Tuesday’s OTA. So I don’t envision his health being in question for the beginning of the season. I doubt the Bears will dress three quarterbacks on game days. That’s rare in the NFL because you need spots for special teams contributors and backups.

I answered my own question.... So Trubs is up to #3 already

Applefan

Liked Posts:
The way to get around that is having your 3rd string qb play special teams. Carolina does that with Joe Webb and Parcells did that with Ray Lucas when they were with New England. Why not give Trubisky reps as the holder on PAT's and FG's. With his athleticism, he could be a threat running or throwing the ball the O'Donnell isn't.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he cause the injury? Why would he cry about an off-season injury?

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
The way to get around that is having your 3rd string qb play special teams. Carolina does that with Joe Webb and Parcells did that with Ray Lucas when they were with New England. Why not give Trubisky reps as the holder on PAT's and FG's. With his athleticism, he could be a threat running or throwing the ball the O'Donnell isn't.

https://youtu.be/p5pQh12PzMs

We on

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:

O'Donnell is actually really athletic. He ran a 4.6 and benched 225 23 times at the combine. That's two more than Clowney lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Make no mistake. Sanchez will be the 3rd string QB. If there's a situation early in the year where Glennon goes down and it seems serious, and Trubisky isn't deemed ready to play.....the Bears can always put in the 3rd QB (Sanchez) and let him play out the game. Remember, the 3rd QB DOES dress on gameday. But if he goes in, the other 2 QBs can't play. Still would have Meredith as the emergency QB if something happens to Sanchez. That seems like a better use of roster resources than letting Trubisky hold PATs as the 3rd stringer. It would also probably only be necessary for the first couple weeks of the season and only if Glennon gets hurt mid-game. That way you don't throw Trubisky into a bad situation and let him get a full week of 1st team reps if Glennon is out for a long period of time.

Of course, this throws out the possibility that Trubisky is actually really good and picks up the offense fast and takes the #2 job.