Joakim Noah: Real fans want wins

Saluki

Liked Posts:
He just said exactly what he's supposed to say. Now i'm gonna need him to miss about 20-30 games so we can get comfortably into the lottery.

theTruth21

Liked Posts:
I LOVE that the team has this mentality. As a competitor, it's all you can ask for.

As a fan, I understand the financial landscape of the NBA, and what it takes to be elite. Drafting consistently in the 12-22 range does absolutely NOTHING to get to an elite status. What it does get you, is a bunch of try-hard, role-player type guys that have just enough to be slightly above average, never good enough to eclipse the top tier, never bad enough to get a top 1-4 pick in the draft, where the possibility of selecting a star player is much higher.

I'd never want the players giving less than their best; I would expect the coach, however, to be involved with the long-term health of the team and understand that losing an additional 10-15 games this season would be better in the long run for the organization. I think the FO knows this, it's just a matter of making the moves to ensure it happens. It's Thibs' biggest weakness as a coach, imo, the lack of a big-picture vision. He still approaches things as an asst: grinding every play, every game. He seems to lack a long-term vision, at least from what is publicly displayed--I have no idea how he is in private, obviously.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
I HATE seeing the Bulls lose, it hurts. But we need to get lotto picks in this loaded draft. Noah needs to understand this is one of the few ways to win a championship these days.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
No, real fans want championships, and the best possible roster on the court.

The Bulls had a good run, but they no longer have the talent to contend for a championship, so it's time for a change.