John Scott On The Powerplay?

HAWKS N CUBS

Liked Posts:
Any opinions on john scott standing in front of the net on a power play, It would be just like big buff, besides what else can scott do besides kick anyone's butt.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Please tell me that you do not actually think that just because a player is large that they automatically can score from the slot? When Dustin Byfuglien actually puts forth effort he does have above average hands and a hard shot. You need to be agile and have a quick release to play the slot, that is the reason there are very few good power forwards in the NHL today.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pronger does this too but Pronger is, well, a future hall of famer. Not a fan of Scott being on the ice at all let alone the PP

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Can he do it without going offsides?

It's one thing if the faceoff is in the offensive zone, but once the puck gets cleared down all the way- I am not sure he can keep up with the play without a headstart; (read that to mean hanging around the blue line nearest the offensive zone -as in sort of a cherry picking mode- but not carrying the puck over the line...).

On the other hand, you don't need any sort of shot to be creating traffic, you do need some sort of ability to deflect, and need to be pretty solid on your skates as you are going to attract attention from defensemen trying to move you out of a position screening the goalie. Yeah sure a quick release, good nose for rebounds and ability to score what they call garbage goals ... but you don't need a slapshot.

So they use Pronger like they used to use Tim Kerr and not at the point? Who mans the point in Philly then? Sure that isn't just your average defenseman pinching in?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
hahahah this thread is awesome

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides Toews on a few shifts- nobody sat at the net and got in Luongo's shit in the recent 3-0 loss to Vancouver. I thought that was inexcusable, especially given the history with the team beating Luongo using that exact game plan. Someone needs to get to the front of the net.

Not John Scott though.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
PP is doing well enough, for the most part. Granted, a few eng ppg helps, but overall, it's area that is okay.

The Pk, on the other hand, is an area that needs much improvement...and I don't expect that to be an area Mr. Scott can aid.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
i dont think he can aid in anything

He really does, though. By having him on the wing taking a few shifts here and there he:

1. neutralizes the opposing enforcer
2. limits the opponent from taking absurd liberties (notice how the 1st period has gone tonight in contrast to how the 1st period went down a couple of weeks ago against SJ without Scott in the lineup?)

AND HE GETS ASSISTS...atta boy! heh

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
well if he knocks out nichol tonight i dont care what else he does on the ice.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think Nichol will drop the gloves to have himself a bout with Scott?

prolly not one can dream cant he? he doesnt have to fight him to knock his bitch ass out... line up the crosshairs and destroy him.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
prolly not one can dream cant he? he doesnt have to fight him to knock his bitch ass out... line up the crosshairs and destroy him.

Considering Scott's skating ability, that might be asking too much of him. I do like the "one can dream" bit. :D