CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not sure if there is already a thread but....

180233_1867158078861_1238332626_2255233_2770720_n.jpg

Ball in air, Knox being tackled. No flag?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah...I noticed it when it happened...but figured...what the hell..we'd been hosed all game, and weren't gonna get that call...

Props to the defense though....allowing 14 points to that team is pretty impressive...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Just posting for discussion purposes. Game is over and nothing can be done but it's going to be a long off-season.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
That aint no lie. I only watch Football. Yep.. Im fucked lol. But as far as the thread, seems like the scenario always happens to us.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was addressed on the Bears website By Larry Mayer in "Chalk Talk"
I did not see a good replay of Sam Shields’ game-clinching interception in the NFC championship, but to me it looked like there possibly could have been pass interference on the play as Nick Collins was all over Johnny Knox. What was your impression?

Neil
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

I’ve watched the play several times on tape and I’d say it was borderline at best whether there was pass interference. It appears that Nick Collins makes contact with Johnny Knox at the same time that Sam Shields is intercepting Caleb Hanie’s pass. Plus in that situation, with the game on the line, the officials almost certainly aren’t going to make that call, especially because Sam Shields had inside position and the best shot at the ball. Had Johnny Knox been ready to catch it and been knocked down, I’m sure they would have thrown the flag. But unfortunately for the Bears, that’s not what happened.

I think it was a good no call. Too often the refs call PI when there is no chance to catch the ball and they shouldn't.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there's no possible chance of the receiver catching the ball, the refs ain't gonna throw the flag.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What if the ball goes right through Sam Shield's hands though? There is some lucky ass bullshit probability that he "could have" caught it, had Sam missed it and he not be tackled.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if the ball goes right through Sam Shield's hands though? There is some lucky ass bullshit probability that he "could have" caught it, had Sam missed it and he not be tackled.

Good question. I don't recall if Knox had stopped and was breaking back toward where the ball was thrown or not. If Collins prevented Knox from going back to the ball then it should've been flagged. But even then, could Knox have gotten all the way back to Shields before the ball got there? It doesn't seem likely, but I would have to see the play again to be sure.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I think it would have been really funny if they gave us that call and the Bears went to win because the Internets/TV peoples would be screaming about how the Bears were handed calls all year.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bigger issue is the fact that we don't have a WR that has both the intelligence and skill to play the position. Knox has the skills, but not the IQ...Bennett has the IQ, but not the skills...

Fitz? Marshall? Johnson? Green? Bring in someone who knows wtf they're doing.