Josh Allen is complete trash!

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If there is one thing I've learned is that the average fan overreacts and has a recency bias. Thid, to me,, is very much the case with Josh Allen. Sorry, but Allen has to show overtime he is a top 5 QB. He's had a good year and has had some really good games. But I definitely am not buying into the hype, at least not yet.

He's had three games of throwing for under 160 yards. Top NFL QBs don't do that. I get a feel that it will just take one game for a team to clamp down on Stephen Diggs and then leave Allen vulnerable. Also, the OL has played tremendously.

But the intensity level intensifies in the playoffs. Its do or die time and the pressure is heavier. The reason Brady is so great is that he played his best in these high pressure situations. He would score when the game is on the line. He'd respond after his defense have up a go ahead score with little time left. When there was no seemingly no window to throw he fit the ball in one. I need to see Allen in these situations. And personally, I dont see Allen having the fortitude to consistently do it. It doesn't mean he isn't a top 10 QB or that he wasn't better than Trubisky....but he isn't what he is talked up to be.

This is a bad take in my opinion. His stats rival Mahomes breakout season. Besides Diggs, he is playing alongside replacement level players. Your argument is especially weak coming off a game where he dropped 59 on the best defense in the league without Diggs most of the game lol.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers

The gap between the first two might be smaller than the gap between 2 and 3. That is how good he is playing. He might not have the touch of Mahomes or Rodgers, but he is throwing lasers all over the field. Some of the best passes I have ever seen and I go back to Marino/Elway.

I knew this would happen with Diggs...you simply can't cover a WR that quick and that fast all over the field with laser delivery. Or 70 yard bombs to worry about.

Then you add in his running game and that is where he is another level of weapon from those other 2. He's like a blocking TE or something, he's a monster. He's fast. He has everything but touch, I think they run the offense to his strengths so you don't see it too much.

I don't know if you know this but he changed his delivery this year. So its more about his physical traits than what was happening early in his career and Wyoming. That delivery is gone and he made a big jump with the new one.

Mahomes is better, but put them in a blizzard and I'm not sure.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is a bad take in my opinion. His stats rival Mahomes breakout season. Besides Diggs, he is playing alongside replacement level players. Your argument is especially weak coming off a game where he dropped 59 on the best defense in the league without Diggs most of the game lol.

The Bills only scored 56
Josh Allen was only the QB for the 1st half.
Bills Special Teams scored a punt return TD in the 1st half.
Josh Allen went 3 TDs and 1 INT and the Bills had 28 points when Barkley came in. Bills Defense got a pick 6 and Barkley's offense did the rest.
Also, the Dolphins dont have the best defense in the league lol.

Anyways, my point is that this is one year. Allen had a sub par rookie year, a decent sophomore year, now in his 3rd year he is doing really well. Mahomes on the other hand was great from the moment he stepped on the field. For me, it was his 1st playoff performance against the Patriots where he cemented his top of league standing. The Chiefs lost, but him and Brady went toe to toe throwing one clutch TD after the other. It was simply a matter of who had the ball last.

As for Allen I'm left asking after one good year what the reasoning is.. Is it a developed player? Is it a 1 year fluke? Is it the coaching staff's scheme? Is it Stephon Diggs? Is it a really good OLine? My opinion is it's a mix of all and as of right now I'm not crowning Josh Allen as a top 5 QB. He needs to show me the clutch throws in the playoffs and more than one above average season.

Too many casual fans follow the hot and recent QB....you could go through endless threads last year of the next great backup QB after one good performance...Minshew, Nick Mullens, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater, Mason Rudolph, etc. The only one who is starting this past year was Bridgewater, who has performed on par with Trubisky. I never fell for any of those guys. Sustained success in the NFL is hard. Your tape is there for everyone to study and if you don't have an edge, you will get figured out.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bills only scored 56
Josh Allen was only the QB for the 1st half.
Bills Special Teams scored a punt return TD in the 1st half.
Josh Allen went 3 TDs and 1 INT and the Bills had 28 points when Barkley came in. Bills Defense got a pick 6 and Barkley's offense did the rest.
Also, the Dolphins dont have the best defense in the league lol.

Anyways, my point is that this is one year. Allen had a sub par rookie year, a decent sophomore year, now in his 3rd year he is doing really well. Mahomes on the other hand was great from the moment he stepped on the field. For me, it was his 1st playoff performance against the Patriots where he cemented his top of league standing. The Chiefs lost, but him and Brady went toe to toe throwing one clutch TD after the other. It was simply a matter of who had the ball last.

As for Allen I'm left asking after one good year what the reasoning is.. Is it a developed player? Is it a 1 year fluke? Is it the coaching staff's scheme? Is it Stephon Diggs? Is it a really good OLine? My opinion is it's a mix of all and as of right now I'm not crowning Josh Allen as a top 5 QB. He needs to show me the clutch throws in the playoffs and more than one above average season.

Too many casual fans follow the hot and recent QB....you could go through endless threads last year of the next great backup QB after one good performance...Minshew, Nick Mullens, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater, Mason Rudolph, etc. The only one who is starting this past year was Bridgewater, who has performed on par with Trubisky. I never fell for any of those guys. Sustained success in the NFL is hard. Your tape is there for everyone to study and if you don't have an edge, you will get figured out.

your points are well taken. You are right, ultimately it’s meaningless if he turns into a dud in the playoffs.

But keep in mind, the guy changed his throwing motion. Idk if you follow MLB but no name pitchers become dominant all the time just by tweaking their throwing motion or cadence. Granted it’s much more rare in the NFL, but IMO that’s what seems to have happened to Allen. He added that little hop step on his back foot when driving a ball down the field. And all of a sudden he’s a top 5 accurate QB? I mean, the 2 have to be related don’t they? Lol

the other thing I have to address -“the fins don’t have the best defense lol”

don’t they give up the least points per game before that 56 point embarrassment? What’s your definition for best defense? It’s clearly colts, rams or dolphins

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
your points are well taken. You are right, ultimately it’s meaningless if he turns into a dud in the playoffs.

But keep in mind, the guy changed his throwing motion. Idk if you follow MLB but no name pitchers become dominant all the time just by tweaking their throwing motion or cadence. Granted it’s much more rare in the NFL, but IMO that’s what seems to have happened to Allen. He added that little hop step on his back foot when driving a ball down the field. And all of a sudden he’s a top 5 accurate QB? I mean, the 2 have to be related don’t they? Lol

the other thing I have to address -“the fins don’t have the best defense lol”

don’t they give up the least points per game before that 56 point embarrassment? What’s your definition for best defense? It’s clearly colts, rams or dolphins

Fair enough and I will keep my judgement open.

I think of the Rams, Steelers, Washington and 49ers as the top defenses in the league. You don't belong in the top conversation being the 20th ranked in yards allowed and 25th in yards per play. They've created alot of turnovers, blitz alot, and have admittingly done a fair job in stopping teams from scoring. Im not sure if its a sustainable strategy. They are a borderline top 10 defense to me right now.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I feel like a QB has as much of a responsibility to develop as the organization that drafts him and is tasked to develop him.

If you take an objective look at what Trubisky was, and what he is now, it's clear that drafting him that highly was a mistake(no shit). He needed to sit for a couple of years, and learn behind a QB guru. Instead, he sat for 4 games his rookie season, and learned from Dowell Loggains, then Matt Nagy. Lololol. Terrible.

So yeah, he sucks. But it's really more the Chicago Bears fault than it is his own fault. Not that it really matters. The Bears failed. What a shocker. And with that being said, perhaps the Bears should draft the most NFL-ready QB available when they pick that highly. That would have been Deshaun Watson. Instead, we took the guy that we felt had the highest ceiling, but needed the most development. And then we didn't develop him. So here we are.

I know people will see this as me trying to make excuses for Trubisky, but it's really not. I'm tired of looking at him. Lol. We should 100% move on from him. We failed him. He failed us. Why bring him back? He'll never be a franchise QB for the Chicago Bears. And that's what we should constantly be working on, until we have that guy. So draft a fucking QB in the next draft. And keep drafting a QB every 2-3 years if the one we just drafted isn't "the guy". We'll never be a contender without a franchise QB.

Trubisky will be a good backup somewhere. What else is there to say?
We need a better organization, better president, better GM, better coach...until then, every QB will fail

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes has played in a couple snow games already. His stats are outstanding. Just sayin

There is a fantastic chance we will find out the answer to this head-to-head one day not too many weeks or years from now.

I guarantee some of the advantages flip to the giant with the giant hands who you don't want to tackle sub zero versus the one you can smash and shatter.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t know, seems pretty good to me.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mahomes has played in a couple snow games already. His stats are outstanding. Just sayin

I understand some people want to find any flaw they can in Mahomes, but I’m just not seeing it yet. He looks amazing and does everything well. There’s no downplaying how good a player he is or downplaying any of his accomplishments so far.