Josh McDaniels, Garoppolo, Brady, Belicheck, Cutler, Marshall, Orton, and You

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
It's funny how the Broncos, Bears, and Patriots have been all inter-connected over the past few years since McD took over the Broncos and forced the Cutler trade.

In retrospect I think everyone would agree that McDaniels was right to get rid of Cutler. Orton was a good game managing QB who could find some success with a run-first, defense-oriented team. He caught a lot of flack for benching/releasing Brandon Marshall, but look what happened with that guy. His biggest mistake in Denver was drafting Tebow. He did draft 6 other players who remained on the roster for the Broncos SB run in 2013-14, and acquired 4 more through FA.

Now McDaniels faces an interesting situation in New England. He's 40 years old, Belicheck is 64. Brady is 39 years old, and upstart Garoppolo looks poised to take the reigns. If you're the Pats GM are you looking to push out Belicheck and Brady to let the McDaniels/Garoppolo era begin? You can get something for Brady while he still has value. Belicheck is a legend but he can't coach forever. Garoppolo is the QB McDaniels has been working to groom. You can't entirely fault McDaniels for Tebow; drafting QBs is such a crap shoot. Really he wanted his understudy Matt Cassel, but the Chiefs did what they had to do in order to prevent that from happening in their division.

If they do put Brady on the block I say the Bears should be first in line to SIGN HIM!!! (making this thread purely Bears-related)

Mitchapalooza

Tom Brady has shown 0 signs of slowing down. Dude has been healthy as fuck his entire career except in 2008. I see another 3-4 years out of him unless he sustains some major injury.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stopped reading after push out Belichick.