JT O'Sullivan says the Bears dont have a true #1 WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree completely with JT…. But I’m guessing his definition of a #1 WR comes down to more than just yards. Again though I think he’s dead wrong.

His argument is he rarely sees Moore get doubled and that defenses arent really adjusting coverages to account for him. He also thinks there are only about 10 true No 1 WRs in the NFL.

Still disagree with him on Moore but nothing outrageous in what he said.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw that last year when he was defending a Fields play on one of his QB school videos. He said DJ Moore isn't a true #1, which makes me really question his judgement.

I think on said play DJ catches the ball, but eventually tiptoes out of bounds. So, because of that one play where he didn't stay in bounds to run up the sideline for a TD and didn't bail out Fields, he's not a true 1.

It was so laughable.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And to add to my post above it also really makes me question everything else he says. If you can something so ridiculous, I'm not going to take anything else you say very seriously.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Bad QBs tend to throw to their best WR a lot because they arent good enough to throw lesser WRs open.
I dont disagree with what you are saying about bad QBs, but that is not a good argument for Moore not being a #1.. in fact thats actually a good argument for him being a true #1.. I mean he was 6th in yards and tied for 8th in TD with a QB that couldn't throw him open.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont disagree with what you are saying about bad QBs, but that is not a good argument for Moore not being a #1.. in fact thats actually a good argument for him being a true #1.. I mean he was 6th in yards and tied for 8th in TD with a QB that couldn't throw him open.

Never said it was an argument for him not being a #1. It is an argument for the fact his having a bad QB is irrelevant. The point is the best receiver playing with a bad QB is likely to get a lot of targets because that QB struggles to get the ball to someone else.

There is no guarantee he puts up better numbers with a better QB because that better QB is likely able to spread the ball around within the structure of the offense and what the D gives them.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Never said it was an argument for him not being a #1. It is an argument for the fact his having a bad QB is irrelevant. The point is the best receiver playing with a bad QB is likely to get a lot of targets because that QB struggles to get the ball to someone else.

There is no guarantee he puts up better numbers with a better QB because that better QB is likely able to spread the ball around within the structure of the offense and what the D gives them.
well yeah you kind of did, I asked "How the hell is that not a true #1 WR?" and you quoted me and replied with your bad QBs point

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well yeah you kind of did, I asked "How the hell is that not a true #1 WR?" and you quoted me and replied with your bad QBs point

Nope. There were 2 parts to your comment. Him being 6th in yards which is relevant and who his QB was which is irrelevant.

So again I was pointing out who his QB was is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was 6th in yards.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope. There were 2 parts to your comment. Him being 6th in yards which is relevant and who his QB was which is irrelevant.

So again I was pointing out who his QB was is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he was 6th in yards.
yes the first part was a factual statement and the second part was a question.. you answered the question.. and now are pretending you where not answering the question?

And if you are saying that who his QB was is irrelevant then why was your reply to my question specifically about the QB? seems you think the QB was relevant because thats what you based your reply about.. or are you saying that your replies are also irrelevant?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Remember when Rivera didn’t think Moore should be double teamed in DC this year? Reminded me of when he did the same fucking thing in the playoffs when he didn’t think Steve Smith was a #1 WR…