Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Chris Simms continues to downgrade Bears quarterback Justin Fields by ranking him 39th overall and just ahead of Case Keenum
Gene Chamberlain1 hour ago
Throughout the draft, Chris Simms never was a fan of Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields.
At least he's consistent.
Simms, who had predicted in his mock draft that Fields would fall to 32nd and be selected by Tampa Bay, has hit the Bears with yet another gut punch by rating their rookie quarterback the 39th best at his position in the league.
Simms annually releases his quarterback rankings in increments at this time of the year and put out Nos. 36-40 on Monday. The Bears were accustomed to receiving a poor rating for Mitchell Trubisky, and also last year with Nick Foles.
But Simms seems to have shot down all the hysteria in Chicago about a top quarterback coming to the Bears in the draft with his ranking. Not so with Simm, though.
Those not familiar with Simms should know he is the son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, and played a little in the NFL. He was in 23 career games and had a 69.1 passer rating.
If Fields had simply been No. 39, it's one thing. But Simms had Fields ranked one behind San Francisco's Trey Lance, who never threw a pass against major Division I competition and played only one season of lesser college football at North Dakota State. He also had Fields ranked two below Kellen Mond, the Minnesota Vikings' second-round pick from Texas A&M.
Of Fields, Simms said: "He could be Top p 20 midseason. But he could also fall out of the top 40."
Simms also admonished Bruce Arians for choosing Florida's Kyle Trask over Mond, and said of Mond, "He's one of the most NFL-ready rookies."

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fuck Chris Simms and his overrated dad. The Giants won a SB with Hostetler, Phil Simms' backup.

Liked Posts:
At least he’s been consistent with his ranking of Fields. Simms is really good at judging QB talent. Hope he’s wayyyy wrong dho....I think he will be. Fields is the truth I’m telling ya man.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least he’s been consistent with his ranking of Fields. Simms is really good at judging QB talent. Hope he’s wayyyy wrong dho....I think he will be. Fields is the truth I’m telling ya man.

he always does this shit with the rookies

even says here, Fields could be top 20 by mid season

but this ranking is where they are right now, not how they will do this season. which is a giant bitch cop out

JustinFieldsQB1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Simms nailed 2018 but the rest of his rankings have been just wrong or just easily predictable
  1. Lamar Jackson
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Baker Mayfield
  4. Sam Darnold
  5. Josh Rosen
I think Allen is better than Lamar but otherwise he nailed this draft. Now here is his 2019 draft
  1. Kyler Murray
  2. Drew Lock
  3. Haskins
  4. Ryan Finley
  5. Jason Stidham
  6. Daniel Jones
Kyler was the consensus number 1 pick so him at 1 is easily predictable but he also has all those guys above Daniel Jones which is wrong. Here is his 2020 rankings
  1. Joe Burrow
  2. Justin Herbert
  3. Jordan Love
  4. Tua
Again he had the consensus player at number 1 but Herbert had a better season and was better so he still not did get this right

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who cares.

he had Herbert 37th last year and the guy ended up having the best rookie qb season ever.

you make a list like that it’s gonna be wrong a ton.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Simms nailed 2018 but the rest of his rankings have been just wrong or just easily predictable
  1. Lamar Jackson
  2. Josh Allen
  3. Baker Mayfield
  4. Sam Darnold
  5. Josh Rosen
I think Allen is better than Lamar but otherwise he nailed this draft. Now here is his 2019 draft
  1. Kyler Murray
  2. Drew Lock
  3. Haskins
  4. Ryan Finley
  5. Jason Stidham
  6. Daniel Jones
Kyler was the consensus number 1 pick so him at 1 is easily predictable but he also has all those guys above Daniel Jones which is wrong. Here is his 2020 rankings
  1. Joe Burrow
  2. Justin Herbert
  3. Jordan Love
  4. Tua
Again he had the consensus player at number 1 but Herbert had a better season and was better so he still not did get this right
Even in 2018 Simms did change his picks. His first mock was.
1 Allen
2Rosen
3 Mayfield
4 Jackson
5 Darnold

In 2017 he had the order right but had Watson at Watson at 31 just like Fields at 32. He makes as many mistakes as anyone. He just crows about it when he is right and never says word one when he is wrong.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Chris Simms continues to downgrade Bears quarterback Justin Fields by ranking him 39th overall and just ahead of Case Keenum
Throughout the draft, Chris Simms never was a fan of Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields.
Simms, who had predicted in his mock draft that Fields would fall to 32nd and be selected by Tampa Bay, has hit the Bears with yet another gut punch by rating their rookie quarterback the 39th best at his position in the league.
Simms annually releases his quarterback rankings in increments at this time of the year and put out Nos. 36-40 on Monday. The Bears were accustomed to receiving a poor rating for Mitchell Trubisky, and also last year with Nick Foles.
But Simms seems to have shot down all the hysteria in Chicago about a top quarterback coming to the Bears in the draft with his ranking. Not so with Simm, though.
Those not familiar with Simms should know he is the son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms, and played a little in the NFL. He was in 23 career games and had a 69.1 passer rating.
If Fields had simply been No. 39, it's one thing. But Simms had Fields ranked one behind San Francisco's Trey Lance, who never threw a pass against major Division I competition and played only one season of lesser college football at North Dakota State. He also had Fields ranked two below Kellen Mond, the Minnesota Vikings' second-round pick from Texas A&M.
Of Fields, Simms said: "He could be Top p 20 midseason. But he could also fall out of the top 40."
Simms also admonished Bruce Arians for choosing Florida's Kyle Trask over Mond, and said of Mond, "He's one of the most NFL-ready rookies."
Not to worry, even at 39, the Bears are better with him than Trubisky.

So ... upgrade!

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Simms often has a good take on things but he is so wed to Kyle Shanahan and his takes that I think anything the 49ers do tends to cloud his judgment - so Shanahan passing on Fields for Trey Lance will have a major impact on how he grades players.

The best thing about the grading though is that it's probably already printed out and pinned to Justin Fields message board - and this kid seems to thrive on chips on the shoulder.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I usually agree with almost all of Simms takes except for his perspective on QB’s. Not just Bears qb’s.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've never particularly listened, nor cared, to "expert" rankings.
I want to clarify something, because obviously I've listened to "experts."

A better way to say it is that my opinion is not informed from what the "experts" say. I felt bad saying it the way I do, because I do enjoy the Kollman videos, and I think Orlovsky is more than decent. They just don't have that much of a sway on me.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I have no problem with any of this. I dont agree with it but i honestly couldnt care less what Simms says. When Justin balls out and becomes a star ill be interested to hear what Simms has to say then.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is something I want to remind everybody

Nagy gets a lot of criticism on here, a lot of it deserved

But we all watched Trubisky play. And we all saw the open guys on nearly every pass play that Trubs missed or didn't see.

Nagy's pass scheme is solid. It consistently gets guys open. Even if Fields doesn't pan out to a big time stud, he is still gon be fine. He is smart and can deliver the ball well. That's enough for Nagy to have the pass game in the upper third of the league.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Chris Simms is pretty close to Kyle Shanahan. Simms was going around before the draft pretty much guaranteeing San Fran was taking Mac Jones. Everyone figured he was right because of his relationship with Shanahan. There’s also no way Simms would make himself look bad by being wrong just so he can run some sort of smoke screen for his buddy Kyle.

Makes me think the 49ers really did change directions last second and go with Lance.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not.

There's always talk about him having Mahomes on top and early and it's just bullshit.

"I've put a lot of time and work into the evaluation of these draft prospects, and I'm basing my mock on my own evaluations."

#5 Mitch
#10 Mahomes
#31 Watson

He had Josh Rosen as pick #3 in his draft.

He also had Lance as a 2nd round value.
His rankings tend to be similar to other predraft pundits. Why the huge deviation this year is unknown unless it's just to be noted by being controversial or that he and Mond both played their college ball in Texas.

Last edited:

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
One guy, who doesn't really know anymore than one of us, thinks Fields will suck. Boo hoo.