Kaner Injured: Post Updates

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
relaying from the game thread....but Chris Kuc said on twitter "not serious"

keep those fingers crossed.

He was walking which is good but you never know with a hockey player. Sounds like a sprain, if mild should be 1-3 weeks based on my personal experience.

If MCL and more severe, as the angle of the hit could cause the knee to buckle inward, it could take time for him to feel stable without one (common rugby injury due to tackling restrictions.)

I didn't feel right for about 14 months but mine was the most severe you can get without needing surgery, which occurs when the mcl pulls the bone its attached to with it. If it just snaps your ok

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2 weeks per his agent and father

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sigh of relief. Sounds like a classic mild strain timetable with an extra week likely for precaution.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
3 weeks from today is our 3rd to last regular season game. Hopefully he's able to play in the back-to-backs at Washington and at Nashville to end the year so he's back in game form before being thrown right into the playoffs, but only if he's 100% by then, don't want to rush it.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville on Patrick Kane's injury: "He's going to be ready at the right time."

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville on Patrick Kane's injury: "He's going to be ready at the right time."

Mkay but was it an upper or lower body injury, that's all we really need to know :troll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need him. im stressed now

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two scenarios with the knee. One is a mild strain....he will feel better in a week but they want to be cautious and take advantage of the chance to rest him up for playoffs.
There are positive we could take I think form resting our most explosive player. His advantage is being fast and playing with fast hands, but its hard to do when grinding out a season and getting beat up. These 3 weeks could be great for his upper body and hands to heal up and back to full strength with rested leg muscles for a nice push.

Scenario two is that he strained his MCL kinda badly and its going to be unstable and require a brace. Putting a brace on Kane is not good, and it being unstable or painful....I would trust Toews to be able to play through a pain issue more.

I'm not worrying myself yet because this could actually be better for us, and the rest of team can learn what it takes to win without him and then bring him back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kane skated today. Q called the results from that skate "very positive."

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kaner skating again with the team at today's optional morning skate. Good sign that he'll be ready when the postseason arrives next week.