Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can he block? Can he catch passes?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gilbride enrolled in Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1998 and redshirted his freshman year. He played in BYU's spring 1999 game but transferred to the University of Hawaii. As a sophomore at Hawaii in 2000, Gilbride was a backup quarterback who played on special teams.[4] Gilbride also played on the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors baseball team from 2000 to 2002 as an outfielder.[5] Gilbride graduated from Hawaii in 2003 with a degree in communications.[4]

In 2003, Gilbride enrolled at Syracuse University and worked as a video graduate assistant in 2003 then an offensive graduate assistant with the Syracuse Orange football team for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.[4] In 2006, Gilbride was slot receiver and tight end coach at Georgetown. From 2007 to 2009, Gilbride was wide receivers coach at Temple.[4]

New York Giants (2010-present)[edit]
Kevin began his career as the Giants offensive quality control coach in 2010. He won a Super Bowl ring with the Giants when they defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI by a score of 21-17.

In 2012, he was promoted to wide receivers coach.

In 2014, he was reassigned to tight ends coach.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Bears confirm it:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Evan Engram as fantastic, so this is good no?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy Saturday (Jan. 13) announced the hiring of Kevin Gilbride as the team’s tight ends coach.

Gilbride has spent the last eight seasons with the New York Giants and the last four as their tight ends coach.

In his time with the Giants, Gilbride has demonstrated an ability to develop young players. Last season, Evan Engram led all NFL rookie tight ends in receptions (64) and yards (722) and tied for first in receiving touchdowns (six). Engram also led the Giants in receptions and touchdown catches while finishing second on the team in receiving yards. In 2016, Will Tye, a second-year undrafted player, emerged as the Giants’ most consistent tight end. He played in all 16 games with 11 starts, including each of the last 10 games, and finished third on the team with 48 receptions for 395 yards and a touchdown. As a rookie in 2015, Tye led all NFL rookie tight ends in catches (42) and receiving yards (464) and was tied for the lead in touchdown receptions (three).

Liked Posts:
He coached up Evan Engram so Im fine with this.

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted another TE either. Supposedly this is a deep TE class. All about getting Trubisky weapons

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He coached up Evan Engram so Im fine with this.

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted another TE either. Supposedly this is a deep TE class. All about getting Trubisky weapons

You know, I wouldn't mind it so much if we didn't have a rich history of not fucking using our tight ends enough in the passing game or in the red zone. I am so god damned jaded about the usage of TEs here that I just see it as another wasted draft pick to take another tight end. Particularly because we need wide receivers more than tight ends and more so a deep threat receiver.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You know, I wouldn't mind it so much if we didn't have a rich history of not fucking using our tight ends enough in the passing game or in the red zone. I am so god damned jaded about the usage of TEs here that I just see it as another wasted draft pick to take another tight end. Particularly because we need wide receivers more than tight ends and more so a deep threat receiver.

I agree we do need WRs more, however I challenge you to try and forget everything you know about Bears football.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree we do need WRs more, however I challenge you to try and forget everything you know about Bears football.

I am trying my best to forget it man. It ain't easy.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this hire, hoping he helps Shaheen elevate his game and take a big step next season which will help give Trubisky another weapon to throw to.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Giants Beat Reporter when asked about retaining some of McAdoo’s staff.

I think both are good coaches. I think Gilbride has been the best assistant the Giants have had since I've been on the beat, especially with what he's had to work with since moving to TE before this year.
But really all depends on head coach

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Good Hire. I"m really excited about the staff coming along.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Full head of hair, not sure about this one.

He can grow a beard, back off the ledge.

offensive-assistant-kevin-m-gilbride-of-the-new-york-giants-looks-on-picture-id484372564

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get him one of these !!
Skull-razor-bald-eagle.jpg