Kyle Long not practicing

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kevin Fishbain

@kfishbain

Kyle Long (ankle) did not practice today. Bryce Callahan (knee) was limited. Daniel Brown (shoulder) was back to full participation.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wow Crippled Kyle is hurt? Didn’t see that coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You wouldn't see him leaving either.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wagner and Wright both missed practice with injuries.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This goes back to the first injury Kyle had with that damn ankle. I guess it happens when you rehab the elbow, neck and shoulder after a year of surgeries. They just better put Kush on that side and let Daniels center, but its only Thursday practice for a monday game so I am sure he will push himself to play and really get hurt Monday.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This goes back to the first injury Kyle had with that damn ankle. I guess it happens when you rehab the elbow, neck and shoulder after a year of surgeries. They just better put Kush on that side and let Daniels center, but its only Thursday practice for a monday game so I am sure he will push himself to play and really get hurt Monday.

Yeah, so if Kyle did not practice, what does the O-line look like without him? Who practiced in his place? The depth charts tells me that Daniels should have practiced at RG, but is that how they did it.

Inquiring minds want to know.......

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Long is a vet with health concerns: he's going to miss a lot of practices due to "ankle" or "shoulder". It's just rest, he's playing well and knows the offense; fatigue reduction is more useful than anything for him now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Long is a vet with health concerns: he's going to miss a lot of practices due to "ankle" or "shoulder". It's just rest, he's playing well and knows the offense; fatigue reduction is more useful than anything for him now.

How can you possibly know if he knows the offense. It’s his and everybody’s first game in the offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Nagy said in his presser that they left that Packers game healthy, so these are likely just rest days

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy said Long will be placed on IR later today.

Oh, sorry. I still had my FoxSpeak translator on.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Friday, Nagy asserted that he isn’t concerned with Long’s ankle and just wanted to get him some rest Thursday. But the Bears coach acknowledged the challenges involved in managing Long’s lingering ankle issues.

“That’s the number one thing that we need to understand is that it is going to linger,” Nagy said before Friday’s practice. “So there’s that fine line of doing too much but yet knowing that, hey, we need to get those reps in practice. It’s just too valuable to not practice. And he understands that. So it comes down to trust – us trusting him and believing where his pain is at. And then just week-by-week, we’ll evaluate it.”

With Long unable to practice fully, rookie James Daniels is next on the depth chart at right guard and in line to see more reps with the first-unit offense. Offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich didn’t seem worried that Long’s ankle issue would limit how much he’d be able to play Monday versus the Seahawks.

“My sense if he’ll be good to go,” Helfrich said. “He’s on a weird schedule all the time. … But I would expect that to be how it’s going to go for the rest of the year.”