L. Floyd? Logical explanations only

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
End

Take your pick from anyone above him on this chart. The reality is while Quinn's stats have sucked, he is still a better pure pass rusher than Floyd. He gets double teamed more than Floyd and he wins his matchups at a higher rate than Floyd. He just hasn't been able to close this year but that is how it goes with pass rushers sometimes. I would put money on Quinn having more sacks than Floyd next year especially given the likely odds and if Pagano is replaced.

He had 2 sacks and 20 tackles. He sucked and he got paid for one good year. Good for him and bad on us.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
End

He had 2 sacks and 20 tackles. He sucked and he got paid for one good year. Good for him and bad on us.

He has 5 seasons of 8.5 sacks or more and 4 seasons of 10.5 or more. He got paid because of his track record. He wasnt good enough this year but he is still better than Floyd IMO. Now if he has another year like this next year then time to move on.

l preffered using that Quinn money on OL but Floyd was not the answer for Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t think much has changed with Floyd. He’ll probably fall back down to earth next year.

As others have said, Donald is bringing the attention toward the middle of the line, and the Rams’ secondary is good.

Are the Rams’ defensive coaches better than the Bears? I don’t know, probably. But I don’t think any of that changes who Floyd is.

He’s too thin to be a power rusher and too slow to be a speed rusher. If you actually watch his sacks from this year, he doesn’t look that different—He just has more time to get to the QB.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys act like Eddie Goldman and Akiem Hicks are chopped liver.

I would argue our pass rushing talent was at least as good as the Rams, if not better.

Neither of them are DPOY & they are both more run stoppers.