Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soupy: 1 goal
Duncs: 3 goals
Seabs: 3 goals
Hammer: 1 goal

This team use to get alot of production from the d-men.

Soupy may be a +12 but does he have a disease of not shooting the puck?

Duncs has one goal since November 26th.

Seabs hasn't scored since November 20th.

Hammer's only goal was November 26th.

These guys can feel free to chip in whenever.

Last edited:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
1) (ad nauseum) a coach of mine said an assist was as good as a goal. Hard to argue that as you don't get an assist without a goal being scored.

2) Defensemen are expected to play defense at some point - unless you are Paul Coffey or something -and then it just doesn't matter.

3) Paul Coffey played a few games for the Hawks after his career was basically over --- however Paul Coffey isn't on this team - nor is 1982-83 Doug Wilson or his 38 goals.

4) Oh fuck it - I mean come on Joe, could you try to learn the game- this is getting like expecting every batter on a baseball team to hit a grand slam every time they come to bat- and if it doesn't happen then getting bitchy- even fake bitchy - I mean -could you maybe actually try to not steer the conversation to ludicrous shit -since I have a decent enough idea that you actually have to know more about the sport than some of this stuff.

I mean really... the team through 2 periods was giving up shots right and left -and all you got is "the defensemen haven't scored enough goals" as an alternative to the "4th line guy getting 4th line minutes" thing. Here's a news flash - if your team is giving up all sorts of shots on goal, then you're lucky to even have a close game -since it is obvious that the puck is in your end of the ice most of the night. Seems more like there is a moving out of the zone issue -at least so far as it counts for the last game.

:)

Have a good one ... and stop it.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
everyone is expected to average a point per game in joehawks world.

Really?

He ought to shoot higher then. (Signed: Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Denis Savard, Brett Hull, Sid Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Jaromir Jagr, Paul Coffey, Bobby Orr, Mike Bossy, Jari Kurri, Peter Stastny, Jeremy Roenick, Steve Larmer (every now and then) and the 1985-86 season of Troy Murray, and any rec league kid hyped up on energy drinks...

... among others.

Mark Messier abstained, since he saw he had way more assists than goals... :/

:)

Last edited:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only issues I have with the D right now is they tend to be a bit lazy. The other main thing is they dont play consistent enough between the 2 goaltenders

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Shit man, Bowman should have known that Byfuglien would become a complete stud on defense and offered him the franchise contract instead of Keith.

I have no idea if I'm serious or not.

Considering your user name - who cares which one it is ... you probably should be posting that. :D

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The only issues I have with the D right now is they tend to be a bit lazy. The other main thing is they dont play consistent enough between the 2 goaltenders

Damn you for bringing relevance to the question of defensemen during the 2010-11 season. :D

Or was that 'Thanks' ... ok, in all seriousness - that is really the sound of the nail getting smacked on the head.