LaMichael James released by San Francisco 49ers

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...michael-james-released-by-san-francisco-49ers

LaMichael James is on his way out San Francisco.

Buried in the pecking order behind Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde, the third-year running back has requested and received his release from the 49ers on Monday, according to his agent. The team later confirmed his release.

Jeff Sperbeck @jeffsperbeck
Follow
@LaMichaelJames appreciates the @49ers for granting him his release request & allowing him to pursue his career elsewhere.
1:15 PM - 8 Sep 2014

James struggled to emerge in two seasons under coach Jim Harbaugh, seeing time as a punt returner last season, but rarely as a piece of the puzzle in San Francisco's backfield.

"Everyone kind of realized it was best for both sides," Sperbeck told the San Francisco Chronicle's Eric Branch.

His 41 attempts for 184 yards over three seasons included just two totes in Sunday's throttling of the Dallas Cowboys. The rookie Hyde saw seven carries in relief of Gore, clarifying that James was nothing more than a deep reserve for this run-heavy attack. James saw just 139 snaps during his run with the team.

Due $641,718 this season and another $792,577 in 2015, James is subject to waivers before hitting the open market.

One potential landing spot for the former second-round pick? Potentially the Baltimore Ravens, who announced the release of Ray Rice just minutes after the James news landed.

The latest "Around The NFL Podcast" covers the Falcons' impressive offense, RGIII's struggles and recaps all Sunday's Week 1 action.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If I remember correctly he was a good return man.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
b9bcdf20ce24f168dce99adc5db083e9.jpg

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i liked him coming out of college. better than draughn or perry?

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Would be great to do returns but wouldn't be willing to be #3, but #2 rb maybe. But we'll see if Ravens pick him up.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Vegas has now stated that the 49ers are now 10 point underdogs against the Bears this Sunday night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not even just Hyde and Gore. Don't they have Lattimore and the writing is on the wall for James and Hunter back next year.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Just sign him for this week so we can see the SF playbook, just like how Buffalo did it with Palmer. It'll be like reading a Steven King horror novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just sign him for this week so we can see the SF playbook, just like how Buffalo did it with Palmer. It'll be like reading a Steven King horror novel.

except its like if you knew the horror novel was going to happen in 6 days. Read Stephen King's "The Mist" with the actualy believe that this will be happening in 6 days. Yeah....I don't want to see the playbook.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Its not even just Hyde and Gore. Don't they have Lattimore and the writing is on the wall for James and Hunter back next year.

Ya they are loaded at RB and Hyde seems to be the real deal.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seem to remember him being a decent runner. Don't remember how well he can run routes and catch though.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can return a punt/KO I'd kick the tires.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

James:" Kaep rolls out a lot like Wilson and Ej."
Tucker: "We've got that covered"
blackpinocchiokeynote_edited.jpg

Liked Posts:

Honestly, IMO, San Francisco is such a well coached team & so discipline I don't think what little he'd offer would help the Bears chances much.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably was a joke but I agree. In fact, a very good coach could use it to his advantage.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
When I posted this it went over my head about him playing for the team were about to play, I was just going off his return ability.