Leonard Floyd is playing out of his mind

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It means he's winning his one on ones, which is what we asked him to do here.

But, with that said, I always liked Floyd and thought Pagano wasnt utilizing him properly, just like what's happening with Quinn.

We need a new DC

The problem is even if Pagano was using him incorrectly his pass rush win rate is so low that he is not beating guys quickly. So he is more a product of Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey allowing him to take his sweet slow time to generate pressure because QBs are holding onto the ball or running into Floyd trying ton get away from Donald.

Conversely the Mack and Quinn stats show they beat their guy far more than Floyd despite getting doubled teamed more but somehow not getting sacks most likely because the ball is out due to Pagano having DBs play soft and completing a lot of easy passes.

I truly couldn't tell you...what do you think it means?

It means Mack and Quinn are double teamed more but still beat their guy faster than Floyd.

So now let's think about how it is possible they beat their guy faster despite more double teams but still not getting sacks. See above if you cant figure it out.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
The problem is even if Pagano was using him incorrectly his pass rush win rate is so low that he is not beating guys quickly. So he is more a product of Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey allowing him to take his sweet slow time to generate pressure because QBs are holding onto the ball or running into Floyd trying ton get away from Donald.

Conversely the Mack and Quinn stats show they beat their guy far more than Floyd despite getting doubled teamed more but somehow not getting sacks most likely because the ball is out due to Pagano having DBs play soft and completing a lot of easy passes.

It means Mack and Quinn are double teamed more but still beat their guy faster than Floyd.

So now let's think about how it is possible they beat their guy faster despite more double teams but still not getting sacks. See above if you cant figure it out.

Thats cute, out of those 3 who has the most sacks?

Do they get paid to look pretty on a graph...or sack the qb?

msadows

Liked Posts:
It is from Next Gen Stats.

This is how full of shit you are. You were just hyping next gen stats in the other thread.

Next gen stats is legit.

That graph is literally pass rush win rate vs. double team rate.

Give me the guy who loses more often but gets more pressures and sacks.

Like I said, YOU can find a stat for anything. Literally anything.

Once again, pass rush win rate does not = pressures.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats cute, out of those 3 who has the most sacks?

Do they get paid to look pretty on a graph...or sack the qb?

Lol you flip flopping again. You have said before that sacks dont tell the whole story. Now you going to lie and claim you didnt?

msadows

Liked Posts:

So now let's think about how it is possible they

Lol you flip flopping again. You have said before that sacks dont tell the whole story. Now you going to lie and claim you didnt?

Pressures are not equal to pass rush win rate.

Getting to the qb is all that matters, not beating your guy. I'm not flip flopping buddy.

You're providing a stat thats great and all, but you can find a stat for anything. Give me the guy who has more pressures and more sacks than a guy who beats his guy but never gets pressures.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pressures are not equal to pass rush win rate.

Getting to the qb is all that matters, not beating your guy. I'm not flip flopping buddy.

You're providing a stat thats great and all, but you can find a stat for anything. Give me the guy who has more pressures and more sacks than a guy who beats his guy but never gets pressures.

The problem with this is getting pressure is also a function of scheme and time to throw.

Floyd PRWR sucks but he gets pressure because Aaron Donald runs QBs into him and Jalen Ramsey and that D gives him more time to get there due to good coverage.

Mack and Quinn beat their guy faster than Floyd but Pagano's scheme allows QBs to get rid of the ball quicker because DBs play off.

Do you understand Football?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donald is out. Real test begins. I bet we don’t hear shit from him the rest of this game.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I can say is, the Rams are seriously banged up. Donald cracked some ribs, Goeff's replacements is in the Hospital with a neck, and Kupp just limped to the locker room.

Floyd has been around, but he has not Stood out. Not sure what the OP is saying. He has been a factor similar to what he did with the Bears.

Edit: and as I post this, on que, Floyd with sack #2.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice coverage sack Floyd.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
he'll get paid this offseason, another good pick from Pace

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
He sucked just as much in 2018 as in 2019. I'm not sure the point you are trying to make.
He sucked in 2018 and 2019? He's always been an NFL starter. He sucks now? Dude has 10.5 sacks and just got done terrorizing Russell Wilson.

If your argument is he's playing above his talent level this year, okay, I agree. But he "sucks"? Your extreme bias is showing.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets be honest, if they re-signed floyd you would throw a tantrum.

This is the risk you take when you let your young talent walk. We all knew he had potential, we also all knew he wasn't a great edge rusher.

I wouldn't have minded keeping him, but its hilarious you're blaming pace and the bears for not retaining pace when you were excited about the quinn signing, like everyone on this board.

Damn sure wish I could project the future. I'd be a rich MFer.

Don't say everyone, I hated the Quinn signing from the start, look back if you don't believe it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't say everyone, I hated the Quinn signing from the start, look back if you don't believe it.
He's talking out of his ass, again. He cant even keep track of the nonsense he says. You really think he'll remember what everyone else is saying?

msadows

Liked Posts:

Legit didn't mean "every single soul", I was speaking in generalities. The consensus on this board for the quinn signing was like heavily heavily in favor and excitement of the signing.

Including op.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's talking out of his ass, again. He cant even keep track of the nonsense he says. You really think he'll remember what everyone else is saying?

I Remember when you told people mitch would never start another game for the bears! Now he's starting a playoff game!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remember when you told people mitch would never start another game for the bears? Now he's starting a playoff game!
I remember you saying Mitch was going to get his 5th year option. Then MItch was going to be the Bears starter for another 2-3 years. Then he was going to be their starter for one year. Then he was going to start for some other team. Then he was going to be a successful backup for 10 years. Hard to keep up with all of your opinions.

Mitch 5th year denied. Then the trade for Foles. All signs pointed towards me being right the whole time. You already know the story but you love technicalities. My point on Mitch remained correct. He wasn't the starter of the future. Covid gave him the job. Nagy took it away as soon as humanly possible. Mitch was never meant to be the guy. Fortunately for him, Foles got all of the bad breaks and Mitch got his job back.

Does it suck seeing me always be right while you breath into your paper bag on sundays?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quinn had to be an upgrade, right? It was logical. Can't fault Bears for not seeing a future with Floyd. Just left to wonder why he flourished after leaving the Bears.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
One year deal syndrome. Let’s see how Floyd does when he gets locked up on a bigger deal.