And couple of these maybe getting cut today

Green Bay

2007 11 picks 7 still on team

2008 9 picks 7 still on team

2009 8 picks 7 stlill on team

Bears 50%.

Green Bay 75%

These are some really sicking numbers.

I am no numbers man but I think I am close on the numbers here if not well at least I am very close

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Lets compare our numbers with any team that remains successful year in and year out... Jerry is a joke.

Sure he has made some good mind round picks that have worked out for us (like Tillman and Briggs)... but in general he is one of the worst drafting GMs in football.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
My Dad and I were just discussing this..JA has added virtually nothing in the last 4 drafts.

I don't care what anyone or the statistics say, Olsen is a total bust and Williams is not a legit LT. Knox and Forte are the only guys I feel are worth talking about.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My Dad and I were just discussing this..JA has added virtually nothing in the last 4 drafts.

I don't care what anyone or the statistics say, Olsen is a total bust and Williams is not a legit LT. Knox and Forte are the only guys I feel are worth talking about.

How is Olsen a "total bust"? He led the team in receptions and TDs and was 2nd in receiving yards last year? We knew he wasn't a true TE when we drafted him...he's not a good blocker...but he fills his role.

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
Yea i wouldn't say that Olsen is a total bust he still produces. He just hasn't lived up to expectations and wasn't worth a first round pick, but he is still good. I actually think he may have a good year still even in a Martz system, because i see Martz trying to use him in some way.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Olsen isn't a total bust lol.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I quoted the wrong person there.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Since the Super Bowl year Angelo has drafted a bunch of crap.

Olsen is not a bust and wont be. He might not be a TE of Dallas Clark's nature or Jason Witten, but he's good.

But Angelo wasted a pick on Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo. Beekman, Payne have all fizzled out. Graham is a 4th CB. Thats pretty much 2007.

2008 still has everyone here worthy of keeping (The Bears had five 7th round picks that year...All of them are released), however Chris Williams is looking like bust more and more everyday. And also lets look at that

Angelo started drafting in the 2002 draft

1st round picks:
2002 - #29: Marc Colombo - Injury ridden player, Bears gave up on..he had some success in Dallas, but still has injury issues
2003 - #14: Michael Haynes - Terrible terrible terrible player
#22: Rex Grossman - I'll let that speak for itself
2004 - #14: Tommie Harris - he had 3 good years, been on the decline since
2005 - #4: Cedric Benson - Terrible with US
2007 - #31: Greg Olsen - We'll see
2008 - #14: Chris Williams - Looking like a bust

Thats a good list of mostly fail.

Angelo's hits in drafting have been Tommie Harris (for 3 years) Lance Briggs, Charles Tillman, Devin Hester, Alex Brown, and for two years Nathan Vasher

The jury is out on Matt Forte, Earl Bennett, Greg Olsen, and Johnny Knox (Will be a winner if he becomes more successful, otherwise he's just a 5th round pick)

Angelo's Loosers have been Marc Colombo, Roosevelt Williams, Terrence Metcalf, Michael Haynes Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson, Mark Bradley, Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Garrett Wolfe

Sorry if that went all over the place.. I just wanted to put out some things on Angelo.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
How is Olsen a "total bust"?

He's a #1 pick who can't hold on to the ball, gain ANY yardage after the catch and sure as hell can't block. Dude gets punked out by db's every game, he single handedly lost the Bears the game against the Panthers.

The attempted back corner fades where he jumps 3"s off the ground only to drop the ball are hilarious.

He's a decent pass catching TE..As a #1 pick, he's a bust. His statistics are a product of the Bears WR core...and I'm sure Turner was cohersed into calling more plays for em simply because JA didn't want to look completely inept.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let alone we just cut the top two picks from 2009.

Our Front office is a joke

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
I can't help but feeling that if Olsen had been drafted by a team like Indy, NE, Pittsburgh, GB he would be a much more finished product and probably a pro-bowler by now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If people ever looked at trends by players at positions, they'd find that the majority of TEs hit their top level and top potential at year 4 of their career. People wanted to expect year 3 because WRs generally do it and adjust fully in 3 years but even guys like Tony Gonazolez were marginal until year 3. Dallas Clark was hardly a weapon until his 5th year.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a #1 pick who can't hold on to the ball, gain ANY yardage after the catch and sure as hell can't block. Dude gets punked out by db's every game, he single handedly lost the Bears the game against the Panthers.

The attempted back corner fades where he jumps 3"s off the ground only to drop the ball are hilarious.

He's a decent pass catching TE..As a #1 pick, he's a bust. His statistics are a product of the Bears WR core...

Among Tight Ends Olsen was ranked 10th in the NFL (out of 101 TEs) in total catches and 11th in total yards, but only 47th in YPC, so you are right about him not getting many yards after the catch but he is still about average.

You are right that he can't block, but Brandon Manumaleuna (a great blocker) can't catch (5 catches for 13 yds, 2.6 YPC).

He's not a bust. He's an average receiver (for a tight end) but not great.

and I'm sure Turner was cohersed into calling more plays for em simply because JA didn't want to look completely inept.

And all those backs who let him catch 60 passes last year didn't want to make Jerry look inept either!

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
He's not a bust. He's an average receiver (for a tight end) but not great.

Like I said initially, I don't care what the stats say..Out of all of those TE's, how many were drafted in the first round?

IMO..He's a bust. The Media has been hyping him since day one. I really don't understand it.

RustedShut

Liked Posts:
Angelo has actually gotten WORSE at drafting. It's time for him to GO! I actually hope the Bears SUCK this year; I only hope Cutler looks somewhat decent so that the next regime keeps him around!

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I can't help but feeling that if Olsen had been drafted by a team like Indy, NE, Pittsburgh, GB he would be a much more finished product and probably a pro-bowler by now.

Your our more likely right, just think about all the players we have sent packing just so we could watch the become star players on other teams.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Why do you think Aromashodu is good? He spent a year with the Colts.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I wonder if we do bad enough if Lovie will be fired IN season

Punished

Liked Posts:
Your our more likely right, just think about all the players we have sent packing just so we could watch the become star players on other teams.

without money issues, injury or off field problems, who have we cut that has became a "star" on another team?

Status
Not open for further replies.