Lions lose 2 workouts for violating workout rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
Tribune News Services

DETROIT -- The Detroit Lions have forfeited their final two organized team activities because they violated rules regarding the intensity and tempo of the non-contact drills.

The team, NFL Management Counsel and NFL Players Association announced the penalty Thursday. The Lions canceled workouts Monday and Tuesday ahead of their minicamp that starts next Wednesday.

Team union representative Jon Jansen says he didn't file a complaint and doesn't think a teammate would have done so without asking him.

The NFL's collective bargaining agreement sets rules for OTAs, which are drills without pads. Jacksonville, Oakland and Baltimore have been penalized recently for similar infractions.

More...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
all i got to say is lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
FAIL. Looks like their 4 win season just went to 3...on a more serious note, i think its fn ridiculous that the NFL determines how hard you can practice at what times.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ya i really dont agree with it i mean every team should have even number of practices but time and days should be determined by the team...i mean were talkin bout practice man practice....apparently that needs to be regulated like the reg season does

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like players or people in the front office are squealing about having contact in OTAs

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
Are the overtime rules for practice the same as the playoffs or regular season. Seriously though I agree each team should be allowed so many OTA's and they should be able to run them how they feel, not the league office.

Status
Not open for further replies.