D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any teams stashing a promising Center on their PS?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i think ultimately reddick gets traded to the lions...i dont see them taking a swing at crosby or garrett when it'll cost at least one 1st rd pick

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i think ultimately reddick gets traded to the lions...i dont see them taking a swing at crosby or garrett when it'll cost at least one 1st rd pick
If the Jets trade Reddick to an NFC team their pick traded to the Eagles is upgraded to a 2nd, so it will cost an NFC team more than he is likely worth along with wanting a big contract.

Howie Roseman, the Eagles GM, is always one step ahead.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Doubtful. The whole issue with Reddick is that he wants a "long term" deal and I doubt the Lions or anyone else would do that. It's what got the Jets in trouble in the first place.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If the Jets trade Reddick to an NFC team their pick traded to the Eagles is upgraded to a 2nd, so it will cost an NFC team more than he is likely worth along with wanting a big contract.

Howie Roseman, the Eagles GM, is always one step ahead.
wow that is some next level thinking by howie

Doubtful. The whole issue with Reddick is that he wants a "long term" deal and I doubt the Lions or anyone else would do that. It's what got the Jets in trouble in the first place.
at this point if he was going to stand firm he wouldnt have signed with new representation...he clearly is willing to make something work instead of his initial stance.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Jets would also have to give the Eagles a 2nd instead of a 3rd if Riddick is traded to an NFC team.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
2 1sts is likely the starting point for either player

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The Davante Adams trade doesn't feel like a firesale to me. He agreed to come play there because (he got paid of course) Derek Carr was going to be there, then the Raiders let him go and didn't bring a good QB in to replace him. Just so happens the Jets and Rodgers needed another high level guy and voila. Crosby is a different story. But who knows, maybe they'll sell him off if they get a really nice offer. I would have to think it would require a 1st and a 2nd.

No way the Browns think about selling off Myles Garrett. Dude is the best DE in the game and not making any noise at all. Just because a team sucks doesn't mean they'll go selling their best players. That's a recipe for more losing. He's still only 28, soon to be 29, so there's no anxiousness there to trade him. Edit to add: there's no Caleb Williams or even Jayden Daniels in this draft to tank for either.

I'm not convinced the Lions would make a big deal for an end either. It make more sense for them to before Hutchinson got hurt. Now, no one but Garrett could replace him and they'll be in no better position to make a run than they were before.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Davante Adams trade doesn't feel like a firesale to me. He agreed to come play there because (he got paid of course) Derek Carr was going to be there, then the Raiders let him go and didn't bring a good QB in to replace him. Just so happens the Jets and Rodgers needed another high level guy and voila. Crosby is a different story. But who knows, maybe they'll sell him off if they get a really nice offer. I would have to think it would require a 1st and a 2nd.

No way the Browns think about selling off Myles Garrett. Dude is the best DE in the game and not making any noise at all. Just because a team sucks doesn't mean they'll go selling their best players. That's a recipe for more losing. He's still only 28, soon to be 29, so there's no anxiousness there to trade him. Edit to add: there's no Caleb Williams or even Jayden Daniels in this draft to tank for either.

I'm not convinced the Lions would make a big deal for an end either. It make more sense for them to before Hutchinson got hurt. Now, no one but Garrett could replace him and they'll be in no better position to make a run than they were before.

Browns are kinda effed tho. It wont be garrett but they are 40m over the cap so they need to trade some guys

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Because not only would it increase their chances of advancing to the SB this year, it would most likely make them the favorites to win it next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I could certainly see the lions not making the move for one of these two, but I wouldn’t use the logic that they would be no better off than they were before. Before Hutchinson‘s injury, they were a legit Super Bowl contender, and without him, they may see that opportunity pass them by.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would be very surprised if anyone paid two firsts for either one of those players unless one of the picks was a couple of years down the road.

Everyone seems to say the starting point is two first round picks but I just don’t think that will happen. It may not be terribly far off of that, but I don’t see two firsts.

As far as the Bears are concerned, it certainly would be nice to see either one of those guys line up opposite Sweat this year, but for the plan they have and the timetable they are on, it makes a lot more sense to hold onto their draft capital and draft a much less expensive DE.

Certainly, it’s no easy task to find a Garrett or a max Crosby, especially if you’re not drafting at the very top of the round but a defensive end worthy of a 1st or 2nd, assuming they get it right, elevates the team and preserves capital for drafting OL also.