Listach OUT...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
CINCINNATI -- Nationals third-base coach Pat Listach is no longer a candidate for the Cubs' managerial job, according to a baseball source with knowledge of the situation.

No reason was given as to why Listach is out of the running, and he was not available for comment.

Listach managed in the Cubs' Minor League system for four seasons, going 253-221. His best season was in 2008, when he guided Triple-A Iowa to an 83-59 record, and he is still respected by the organization.

There is a possibility that Listach could get an interview with the Blue Jays. Another source said Listach is among a long list of candidates being considered to replace Cito Gaston as Toronto's manager.

In August, Listach made it known that he would like to manage in the big leagues and for the Cubs some day.

"I would definitely like the job," Listach said at the time. "But I have a job to do here in Washington. If that job is available, it would be a dream come true. When you bring a championship to that city and that team, it's a big deal."

This offseason, Listach will manage Ponce of the Puerto Rico Winter League. He leaves for Puerto Rico on Tuesday.

Listach no longer a candidate to manage Cubs | cubs.com: News

Thoughts? This is not surprising at all, as the 3 finalists are Quade, Sandberg and Wedge. With Girardi....who knows.

Northside_slugger

Liked Posts:
To be honest, i am not even sure why he was even in contention to get the Cubs job. We're the Chicago Cubs, not the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
To be honest, i am not even sure why he was even in contention to get the Cubs job. We're the Chicago Cubs, not the Pittsburgh Pirates.

They're pretty much the same thing, they both suck.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest I had no idea who this was.