LIVE Pressers (Fields, Gipson etc) - *EBERFLUS ADDED* - (4/19/2022)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It's pretty weird that the timing could be thrown off by using a different foot.
I’m not sure if it is timing so much as rhythm.

I’m thinking in the 3 step drop, it’ll go left, right, left to plant and throw while setting the right. So, I’m thinking it’s primarily a lead foot rhythm count where the throwing motion begins almost the moment the rear foot hits.

I mean, you’re right that it’s timing, but it’s interesting how this footwork could shave some time to hit a rhythm.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m not sure if it is timing so much as rhythm.

I’m thinking in the 3 step drop, it’ll go left, right, left to plant and throw while setting the right. So, I’m thinking it’s primarily a lead foot rhythm count where the throwing motion begins almost the moment the rear foot hits.

I mean, you’re right that it’s timing, but it’s interesting how this footwork could shave some time to hit a rhythm.
Makes me wonder if that attention to detail was used last season with Justin, or if that was part of the 300 level course.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Makes me wonder if that attention to detail was used last season with Justin, or if that was part of the 300 level course.
You know you’re right: I’ve never read nor heard of any footwork as a proscribed factor in the Nagy offense.

But, having said that, I was taught that footwork only really matters in the run game as the foot you step with is the one you open with for the handoff. The mindset was always about getting the Qb in position to make a throw, and never really about how they got there.

Either way, it’s an interesting tell how locked in in detail they are and, possibly, a chit from Aaron Rodgers’ recipe for success in GB. It may contribute to improving the release issue that was making the rounds a while ago. Footwork is key, but easily overlooked.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You know you’re right: I’ve never read nor heard of any footwork as a proscribed factor in the Nagy offense.

But, having said that, I was taught that footwork only really matters in the run game as the foot you step with is the one you open with for the handoff. The mindset was always about getting the Qb in position to make a throw, and never really about how they got there.
I seem to recall recently reading (might have been here) a quote from Nagy to the effect of, "your mechanics are your mechanics."

Someone can fact check me on that if they so wish.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I seem to recall recently reading (might have been here) a quote from Nagy to the effect of, "your mechanics are your mechanics."

Someone can fact check me on that if they so wish.
That sounds like Nagy’s mentality.

I’ve never been a QB coach, but, from what I know, the leg that steps back is the arm you throw with and then it’s shuffle to plant, to step with the lead in the direction to toss. With this method, to throw right requires a lead cross skip step while moving backward to start the motion to throw. It feels awkward as fuck.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
300 level Nagy offense was the super duper oompa looompa sleigh

the entire offense runs ten yards backwards and everybody starts running horizontally until all the players end up in the same spot on the field.

Canth

Liked Posts:

My general impression of most of Nagy's coaching and his coaching staff was they either lacked attention to detail, or they got so into the weeds that they confused the players to what they were supposed to be doing. The end result was a lot of mistakes and missed plays.