Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
before Shaheen can come off of IR.

Nice that the bye week counts as one of his 8 required to be on IR.

Adam Shaheen 'progressing pretty well' from ankle injury

By: Bryan Perez | September 27, 2018 4:23 pm ET

Chicago Bears tight end Adam Shaheen appeared poised for a breakout year after a strong training camp and start to the 2018 preseason, but an ankle injury in Week 3 of the summer schedule forced him to land on injured reserve at the start of the regular season.

According to coach Matt Nagy, Shaheen has been progressing well in his recovery.
Email
Like this article?

Sign up for the Bears Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

“He’s progressing pretty well. He’s in our meetings. He’s mentally staying prepared, listening to everything,” Nagy said. “He sits right in there with everybody and is a part of it. And then physically, from what I’m being told, everything is good so far.”

Chicago’s struggling passing game has been the target of criticism in recent weeks. A player with Shaheen’s red-zone traits would be a welcome addition for Mitch Trubisky and company.

“Now it’s just a week-by-week thing to see where he’s at. But he’s a valuable weapon for us that we want to feel cautiously optimistic that he’ll be back,” Nagy said.

Shaheen’s rookie season ended with 12 catches, 127 yards and three touchdowns over 13 games.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lookout for what? He hasn't done anything since he's been here.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We can finally start running some 2 TE sets again that are actually a threat. Getting shaheen back could be major

Dead on... Do you remember reading the reports about Shaheen working in tandem with Burton to shred the Bronco linebackers in those joint practices?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

He was playing real well late last year before he was injured. He had an excellent game against the Bengals.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Look out for a redzone target that the Bears currently don't possess,a 6-6 270 soft handed TE. And I think it has now become evident, using the he hasn't done anything for any offensive player that spent their time under Fox/Loggains is clearly irrelevant.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Shaheen is gonna be a monster. Trubs loves him. He was one of the guys I expected to break out this season.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been too long since the Bears have had any depth at all. It's especially nice to know if shutting down Miller is the best thing for his long-term career, they can do that. I still hope Amukamara and Cooper hurry up and get back in the lineup quick though.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's been too long since the Bears have had any depth at all. It's especially nice to know if shutting down Miller is the best thing for his long-term career, they can do that. I still hope Amukamara and Cooper hurry up and get back in the lineup quick though.

Amukamara yes, but I'm not so sure Toliver isn't first up at backup CB. Cooper is becoming insignificant

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Amukamara yes, but I'm not so sure Toliver isn't first up at backup CB. Cooper is becoming insignificant

Tolliver played great against Mike Evans. Cooper won't be back next year

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Lol aussie trying to go full permaban

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on man. Fucks sake