Lovie Smith's lame-duck status had more to mutliple OC coaches than Jay Cutler!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Lovie Smith's lame-duck status had more to do with multiple OCs than Jay Cutler!

Let's be honest here! Nobody wanted Ron Turner here after 1 year with Cutler. Nobody except Mike Martz would take the OC job because they did not want to risk being let go after 1 year. The woefully unqualified Mike Tice got the OC job for the same reason Martz did. No one worth a damn wanted the job as long as Lovie appeared to have 1 foot out the door. This points to the Bears unstability up top than more than Jay Cutler. Frankly, management is STILL unstable. Cutler will get the blame for it but honestly the problems start higher. Cutler is more a victim of weak leadership than anything. Lovie Smith's best chance of keeping his job ended when Martz was ran out of town and Smith not backing him despite heavy opposition.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It points to Jay Cutler who is viewed as uncoachable.

When was that determined though? Josh McDaniel, who tried to screw him from jump by pushing for his own guy? Who else does that? What coach should the Bears have kept over Cutler's objections? How did Cutler go 18-8 under Martz if he was so uncoachable?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
When was that determined though? Josh McDaniel, who tried to screw him from jump by pushing for his own guy? Who else does that? What coach should the Bears have kept over Cutler's objections? How did Cutler go 18-8 under Martz if he was so uncoachable?

The bigger question is if Cutler is uncoachable from jump or was he ruined by unstability? If he was ruined by Bears unstability why should anyone believe they can provide an environment to properly develop the next guy? Better learn for past mistake or else you risk repeating them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bears defense helped out a lot.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with cjswan on this. No one wanted to come to Chicago because lovie was on the way out. Cutler's development was victimized and is now a shell-shocked quarterback who has David Carr syndrome (the neck twitch).

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
You realize that Cutler is the constant in this scenario right? Perhaps the problem isn't those around him.

I mean fuck, Martz chose to retire rather than work with his ass for one more year.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You realize that Cutler is the constant in this scenario right? Perhaps the problem isn't those around him.

I mean fuck, Martz chose to retire rather than work with his ass for one more year.

No, it was everyone else's fault.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Martz got tired of the noise from the media/fans due to the Caleb Hanie fiasco. Martz was looking to come back when the Bears were 7-3 and rolling. If the Bears had made the playoffs, Lovie would have been in better position to back Martz. After Cutler got hurt, all people saw was the Bears missing the playoffs and they wanted blood. So Martz had to go as the sacrificial lamb.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler have not fumbled 9 times by himself!
Those nine fumbles includes Fortes and the receivers as well. What a dirty trick to pile on with. Cutler HAS to protect the ball better, but that is low..

I think we are all still waiting for you to explain this one from last week.

Were forte and the receivers stealing Jay's jersey, putting it on and fumbling for fun?

And as a side question... why are you always shouting?
I ask because I notice a trend in your thread titles.....

Cost certainty for stability is the reason Cutler was not franchised!
The difference between Cutler and Rex Grossman!
Nick Foles and the idea of QB vs system!
Carson Parson and Jay Cutler are the same guy!
Jay Cutler is making a mockery of statistics!
Jay Cutler is making a mockery of statistics! (2 seperate threads, not a double up.)
Detroit is the best model to fix everything else first!
Many would rather see the Bears lose than Cutler win!
Allen IS the pass rush b/c the others need him to get off!

I mean.... c'mon- Are you shouting the following thread title or asking?
Due to cost of living, isn't $16 million in Chicago like $23 million in NewYork!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I think we are all still waiting for you to explain this one from last week.

Were forte and the receivers stealing Jay's jersey, putting it on and fumbling for fun?

I can explain that. Some stat sites only count the fumbles that were actually lost. Cutler fumbled 10 times but only 5 of them were actually lost. The errant lateral to Kadeem Carey was counted as a fumble but it went out of bounds. The site also included the lost fumbles by Forte, MarshaJ, Jeffrey and Bennett in the same total.

Also, food for thought per pro football reference:

Fumbles
1. Jay Cutler · CHI 10
2. Cam Newton · CAR 7
Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 7
Russell Wilson · SEA 7
5. Tom Brady · NWE 6
Andrew Luck · IND 6
Philip Rivers · SDG 6
Geno Smith · NYJ 6
9. Austin Davis · STL 5
Ryan Fitzpatrick · HOU 5
Colin Kaepernick · SFO 5
DeMarco Murray · DAL 5
Ryan Tannehill · MIA 5
Michael Vick · NYJ 5

Fumbles Recovered
1. Philip Rivers · SDG 5
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick · HOU 4
Geno Smith · NYJ 4
Russell Wilson · SEA 4
5. Anthony Barr · MIN 3
Drew Brees · NOR 3
Jay Cutler · CHI 3
Mike Glennon · TAM 3
Julius Peppers · GNB 3
Ryan Tannehill · MIA 3
Cedric Thornton · PHI 3
J.J. Watt · HOU 3

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I

Habit more than shouting, though I do feel I am fighting against the tide. I could have used caps:) Hate to give up on guy with that much talent, especially when I see how the Bears instability has contributed to it. Feels like people ignoring the circumstances and taking the Bears off the hook. The thing that scares me the most is I see the same instability that could mess up the next guy we bring in and history repeating itself. It is chicken and egg. Does the QB make the organization or does the organization make the QB? San Fransisco and Green Bay having multiple good QBs is not a coincidence. Neither is the Bears clown college of QBs.

I think for a lot of people it is easier to say that Cutler wasn't that good to begin with than to say the Bears' clown college of instability messed up an almost sure thing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yes, I've defended that point many times... BUT he did pine for Shea and Martz. Those were the men he wanted and choose. Those were his ideal ocs and he never got it to work.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let's be honest here! Nobody wanted Ron Turner here after 1 year with Cutler. Nobody except Mike Martz would take the OC job because they did not want to risk being let go after 1 year. The woefully unqualified Mike Tice got the OC job for the same reason Martz did. No one worth a damn wanted the job as long as Lovie appeared to have 1 foot out the door. This points to the Bears unstability up top than more than Jay Cutler. Frankly, management is STILL unstable. Cutler will get the blame for it but honestly the problems start higher. Cutler is more a victim of weak leadership than anything. Lovie Smith's best chance of keeping his job ended when Martz was ran out of town and Smith not backing him despite heavy opposition.
At some point, there needs to be a light that comes on in your head as to who the common denominator is...well, maybe not your head.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can explain that. Some stat sites only count the fumbles that were actually lost. Cutler fumbled 10 times but only 5 of them were actually lost. The errant lateral to Kadeem Carey was counted as a fumble but it went out of bounds. The site also included the lost fumbles by Forte, MarshaJ, Jeffrey and Bennett in the same total.

Also, food for thought per pro football reference:

Fumbles
1. Jay Cutler · CHI 10
2. Cam Newton · CAR 7
Ben Roethlisberger · PIT 7
Russell Wilson · SEA 7
5. Tom Brady · NWE 6
Andrew Luck · IND 6
Philip Rivers · SDG 6
Geno Smith · NYJ 6
9. Austin Davis · STL 5
Ryan Fitzpatrick · HOU 5
Colin Kaepernick · SFO 5
DeMarco Murray · DAL 5
Ryan Tannehill · MIA 5
Michael Vick · NYJ 5

Fumbles Recovered
1. Philip Rivers · SDG 5
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick · HOU 4
Geno Smith · NYJ 4
Russell Wilson · SEA 4
5. Anthony Barr · MIN 3
Drew Brees · NOR 3
Jay Cutler · CHI 3
Mike Glennon · TAM 3
Julius Peppers · GNB 3
Ryan Tannehill · MIA 3
Cedric Thornton · PHI 3
J.J. Watt · HOU 3
The fact remains that cutler fumbled 9 times as of that post.