Low-Carb Diet

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm on one...anybody know where I can find a list of possible meals or anything like that?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bodybuilding.com

Go to their forums and look for their recipe section or whatever its called. Great recipes for people using low carb diets or any diet for that matter. Just dont cut them out completely.

If you dont mind me asking, why are you getting into this diet?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bodybuilding.com

Go to their forums and look for their recipe section or whatever its called. Great recipes for people using low carb diets or any diet for that matter. Just dont cut them out completely.

If you dont mind me asking, why are you getting into this diet?

Just to lose a little weight/tone up a bit...that coupled w/ a light work-out routine...

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
What you really need is an idea of what has carbs and in what amounts ... (and speaking from the perspective of a diabetic ... it is sort of second nature to me).

Probably all of this stuff you know - but in case, avoid/minimize pastas, breads, and rice ... cut down on the sauces (apart from oil based ones).... cheese is ok - no carbs there ... and starchy vegetables and fruit have your carbs (so your squashes, broccolis, potatoes, carrots, corn, beans, peas etc all have some -but your leafy veg doesn't. . .

And then you know, whatever combination you come up with will work out to whatever end you are looking for.

Anyways - if you aren't looking to cut them out entirely - add some of those things in to whatever degree works for you -and you got it ....

One thing, though, and this is an important thing -- if you start feeling run down - then that diet isn't working for your metabolism -and you need a little more carbs -it is all really trial and error. One thing I don't recall anyone talking about much in the US is that there are different types of carbs - and a few slow release ones can work pretty well (but it does all depend upon where you are at metabolically speaking -I'm assuming you are in a far better place than I am -in my case a desk job and heredity bit me on the ass ... but that is another story).

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thanks big cat...that's the first bit of useful information I've seen on the topic - haha.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah i wouldnt cut them out completely, thats just not healthy and youll feel lethargic all day. Like mentioned, stick with complex carbs such as oats, grains, wheat breads, brown rice, etc etc. They dont digest as quickly and are less likely to be stored as fat and also give you a steady stream of energy.

Just watch your portions, lift your weights, do your cardio and get your sleep and youll be fine. Its easier than people think.