Luol Deng when asked about rejoining the Bulls after Bulls-Cavs game

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...er-is-open-to-the-idea-of-rejoining-the-bulls

Meeting with the media for yet another chat about facing his former Bulls teammates Wednesday, Deng was asked about his pending free agency and the likelihood he could return to the Bulls despite their trading him to the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this month.

‘‘I don't know,'' Deng said sarcastically. ‘‘Maybe they'll offer me three years, $30 million. That might be an option to take.''

That was the offer Deng walked away from several days before the Bulls made the decision to trade him.

Deng eventually answered without the sarcasm.

‘‘I can't say,'' he said. ‘‘There's no bad blood or anything. For me to sit here and say I'm taking Chicago out of the equation, that's stupid. I was there for 10 years.''

3 years 30 million eh... :thinking: Normally, that's a fair offer, but this UFA class is very thin.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deng for 10 million and 3 years would be pretty good. He'll get more than that for sure though.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have been upset had the Bulls signed Deng to 3yr/30mil. I was sad to see him go, but glad to see he passed and the Bulls ended up saving a lot of money and picked up draft pick in the process.

3 years 30 million eh... :thinking: Normally, that's a fair offer, but this UFA class is very thin.[/QUOTE]

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought we couldn't resign him?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Cleveland doesn't make the playoffs will he really?
He's likely going to be the best FA on the market. It'll be between him and Lance Stephenson it seems like for "best FA signing" this summer. I guess you could toss in all those player option opt out players like Lebron and Melo and all them, but I can't see most of them going anywhere else.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Luol is not serious yall

this is a shot at us.....3/30m is what they offered him before they traded him and i think he got offended by it and is now being sarcastic about it

it even says he was being sarcastic in the article

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luol is not be serious yall

this is a shot at us.....3/30m is what they offered him before they traded him and i think he got offended by it and is now being sarcastic about it

Agreed. He's also seriously full of himself to turn down that deal under today's CBA.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this just seems outta character for Lu

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this just seems outta character for Lu

its time for him to get paid, this was a storm that was coming. I don't know what the Bulls are supposed to do, 3 for 30 was their best offer and it is apparently scorned, but the only way you can tell he doesn't understand is that he laughs at it like its an insult.

There could come a day in free agency when he is looking at a lot less. He should have snagged that contract, and it shows you the Bulls reluctantly have entered into this unknown of turning the team over.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The Bulls assessed his market value and offered him a reasonable contract to stay with the team. He said no thanks, so that's the end of it.

If I were the Bulls GM, I would feel slightly offended, but thankful for all he did for the team and the city.

And while I wish him luck and all the best, I certainly wouldn't offer him another contract.

ginny

Liked Posts:
The Bulls assessed his market value and offered him a reasonable contract to stay with the team. He said no thanks, so that's the end of it.

If I were the Bulls GM, I would feel slightly offended, but thankful for all he did for the team and the city.

And while I wish him luck and all the best, I certainly wouldn't offer him another contract.

I agree....it's time to move on.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Deng may end up like Ben Gordan in a few years.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I thought we couldn't resign him?

That was my understanding as well. By rule, I don't think he can return to the Bulls until after the 2014 season. So if he does come back, it won't be next year. By then, he will be under contract with another team. Thus, I'd say, he's not coming back.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really shows how out of touch some athletes are to publicly mock being offered $10 million dollars a year. Keep that shit behind closed doors.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Really shows how out of touch some athletes are to publicly mock being offered $10 million dollars a year. Keep that shit behind closed doors.

His face is on money.